Thanks for fucking up my head, bitch (haircut, not dating related)

What the shit?!!! I’m pretty sure my instructions were simple enough. Just clean up the sides and back a little. Nothing radical.

I’m sure as hell that I didn’t say “oh that Adam Sandler has nice hair, let’s cut it like that”.

I’m thinking that having people ask me “what the heck happened to your hair?” is not a sign that you did a good job.

Don’t bother with the mirror, I’m pretty sure the back and sides looks as shitty as the front and top.

Well, I’ll tell you this…I’m not paying $36 for this haircut. If I want a fucked up haircut, I can go to Supercuts for $10 or have my brother do it for free.

pics please.

And remember - people mock because they love. :smiley:

I feel your pain. I began a bad hair month-or-so since Monday. Except it’s my fault. My favourite barber in Dublin always does a great job. But this time, when he finished, he asked if it was OK and I said ‘no, take a load more off the top’. Now I look like Curly from the Three Stooges.

I found a lady who cut my hair nice the first time.

I am going back to her next week for a trim. And only $20!

Maybe she heard “Just geek up the sides and back a little”. It’s important to speak clearly at the hair salon.

“Clean up the sides a little” doesn’t sound nice and simple to me… it sounds pretty vague and wholly subjective, actually. Next time, be more precise in telling her or whoever you visit what you want.

Ugh, I know what you mean. I had about 2 inches of hair on my head when I went in to the old place here at home where I usually went. Only none of the people who used to work there were in (that should have been my first signal to run) but I got into one of the chairs, and apparently “buzzing the sides and then cutting an inch off the top” means “buzzing ALL over and leaving me with less than a half inch of hair.”

Not to mention that she had my BACK TO THE MIRROR the whole time so I didn’t see the extent of the damage until it was too late.

Mark my words, I’m never getting another haircut again.

That’s my solution. Long hair is a pain though. You have to use conditioner or you will have a thoroughly tangled mess on your head. And believe me, it’s not so easy to find stuff that works without making you smell all flowery and shit. Also, I always have a bunch of “flyaway” hairs that are too short to put in a ponytail or a braid, so they end up in my mouth when I’m eating, or in my eyes. Sometimes I use a bit of hairspray, but then the challenge is to use enough of the right kind to actually do something, but not so much that I get helmet head.

Nah, I might just go with the tangles. I’m thinking about sporting an unkempt, hip, indie kid look. :cool:

I give myself a zero every few weeks with a razor I bought. It paid for itself after the first use. It was a bit tricky doing the back at first but if you just keep shaving all over you eventually get it all off. :slight_smile:

Its actually pretty specific in haircutting - it means nothing more than giving a slight trim around the edges to even out the hair and (for guys) shaving off that neck fuzz. It doesn’t mean any real cutting at all, and any barber/stylist who regularly works on your head should know how much they can and can’t take off anyway.

You pay $36.00 for a haircut? * Just * a haircut? Wow. The smalltown barbershop I go to does the whole megilla for $13.00 plus tip. And they do a mighty fine job.

I wonder if the current calamity might be due to the stylist trying to earn her/his pay. That’s what happens when you hire an artist instead of a craftsman.

Anyway, no big deal. Hair grows back. And in the meantime, you’ll serve as a source of mirth for your friends and miscellaneous passersby. In these troubled times, that will be a mitzvah.

Did you pay for it? Most salons will try to make it right if you talk to the owner or manager. Obviously they can’t grow back your hair but they should at least give you a refund if you already paid. That sucks, but hopefully it will grow out quickly.

Just buy yourself a Headblade and shave it right down to the wood.

Costs less than $36 too.

I’ve had a really bad haircut experience too (who hasn’t, really?) When I was in college back in 1997, I went to the Hair Cuttery just off campus where I normally got my hair cut. I had a fairly short haircut at the time. I got a stylist who didn’t speak much English. She gave me a haircut that made me look like Bill Gates on a bad hair day.

It gets worse. It was getting close to the end of the semester, so doing laundry was not high on the list of priorities. I went to physics class a few days later with the horrible haircut and wearing laundry-day clothes. When I got there, there was a reporter from the Washington Post interviewing my physics professor, who was a well-known black physicist. I went up to talk to the professor after class, and the reporter took a picture of him talking to me. I ended up with my picture in the Washington Post, looking like Bill Gates on laundry day :eek:

From that day forward, I started growing my hair long, and it has been long ever since.

A couple of years later, when I later showed this picture (I have kept a copy) to the future Mr Neville, he said, “That’s not you. That’s a guy.” I told him it was indeed me, and he later married me anyway. :slight_smile:

I want them to grow my hair back dammit!!!

No, I didn’t pay for it.

It’s New York. I could get $13 or less haircuts but they look really bad. That’s why I’m willing to pay a little more. But I expect results for that kind of money. I expect the stylist to use their judgement and experience. I expect them to understand that “clean up” does not mean “clean up all the hair off my head so I look like a pineapple”. I don’t need to pay $40 for a bad haircut. I can give myself one of those.

The last time I went to a barber was when my brother got married, and that was the first time in years. I give myself a No 2 or No 3 cut every fortnight or so. I look good and I’ve saved a fortune.