That cunning plan to vote for McCain if Hillary lost didn't quite pan out did it?

A Democratic National Convention delegate pledged to Hillary Rodham Clinton says she hopes to fight off an attempt by Wisconsin Democrats to take away her credentials because of her past statement that she would vote for John McCain if Clinton wasn’t the nominee.

Well, as a private voter, of course she is free to vote for whoever she wishes.

As a delegate to the Democratic convention, she has no business saying she’s going to vote for the Republican nominee.

I have to admit, that bit about her feelings really irks me to no end. Wotta maroon! But anyway, does anyone know what the process for this is? What does the party do to remove her credentials, to whom does she appeal? And if she loses the fight, will there be some sort of ceremony, like Chuck Connors got when they drummed him out of the Army for cowardice at the beginning of Branded?

But did they take the trouble to discuss his *feelings *with him?

Well, if she didn’t know the phrase political suicide before, she sure will now.

I think the appropriate phrase is “you dance with him what brung ya.”

Good for the WI Democrats for having some balls and ridding the party of fairweatherers.

Hillary would earn all her cool points back if she would encourage other states to do the same.

I guess that tolerance of dissent thingie isn’t panning out either.

Hmm. When attendees at rallies for Bush were required to sign a statement of support for him, that was hysterically denounced by the left as a loyalty oath. I wait patiently for the left to denounce this similarly.

I see nothing here indicating that the Democrats are being intolerant of her right to dissent.

I find it hard to believe that you see no difference between being forced to sign a statement of support to attend a rally and expecting that a delegate to a party’s national convention not announce her intention to vote for the candidate of the other leading party.

Or if she purchased a sniper rifle and. . . :wink: