That guy in Katy, TX, who doesn't want to be a fucking laughingstock...

Or maybe…

They’re worried about noise and traffic for a mosque, and yet the noise and traffic associated with the Katy Mills outlet mall is no problem?

Anyway, please don’t tell those folks in over there that we’ve got a whole bunch of muslims working for us over here near Greenspoint. And I just hired another one yesterday.

No, they just don’t like Muslims, and they’re afraid of terrorists, because they believe that all Muslims are terrorists.

It is entirely possible that they are not thinking clearly, or are not properly educated.

Ya think?

Further evidence that God died with Michelangelo :stuck_out_tongue:

Whaaat? Who doesn’t like muslims?

Quite right… they feel soooo good next to the skin, yet don’t have the same weight as thicker cloths.

Oh wait…

No no, you’re thinking of Afgans.

Then why not have a pig roast?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM pig roast!

Afghan Whigs, maybe.

Watching a bunch of has-been comedians take the podium to insult hogs does not exactly make for compelling television, if you ask me.

Someone needs to steal this and put it in front of and facing the giant statue of Sam Houston in Huntsville.

Oh, hey, I drove past that once. I don’t understand how anyone sees anything other than “Oh god GIANT ZOMBIE JESUS! Run!”

Then again I’m one of those sinful, godless heathens. Even have a coupla Muslim friends, so obviously my perception is warped.

What?!? Ruth Buzzi repeatedly beating a pig with her purse? Dean Martin and Orson Welles slurring their way through some ad libs at its expense? How could that be anything but the height of comedy? :smiley:

The Web site with the counter: katyislamicassociation dot net. No link because I don’t want them to have the benefit of one here. The standard disclaimers against site invasion apply; let them make fools of themselves in peace.

Newspaper article from the Katy Times: http://www.katytimes.com/articles/2006/12/04/news/01news.txt . Photos included.

“After the sign went up, businessman Craig Baker put up a sign advocating “Friday Night Pig Racin’” and built a pig pen at the edge of his property closest to the proposed KIA site.”

Replace “Muslim” with “Jew”, and … sigh.

A post from their forum:

That poster’s signature: “Beware of liberalism for it is the enemy of American’s foundation.” I don’t think this guy’s trolling.

This post gives me hope.

Is anyone else reminded of the Giant Triumphhal Archways and Statues that Saddam Hussein had installed all over Iraq?

Yeah, weekly pig races that are enough of a spectacle to annoy at least one neighbor are gonna do fucking wonders for the property values, I tell ya.

At least he didn’t specify which American’s foundation he was talking about. I’m going to assume he meant his own. :wink:

Oops-another 1/2 point off–Commies didn’t come thru the window–they lurked under beds…

I heard this story briefly on NPR a few days ago. It boggles my mind. I am afraid I don’t see the connection between pig races and protesting the mosque…these folks think kinda tangentially.

So, lieu, just where is this land at? I’m fairly familiar with Katy- grew up in Alief, and worked roughly at I-10 @ Barker Cypress for several years, as well as surveyed parts of several subdivisions out there.

Is it in the more suburban parts of Katy, or the more rednecky parts?