The 10 tattoos that annoy me most

I can remember seeing this really hot guy at my gym in West Hollywood in the late 1980’s and he got a brand new tattoo he was showing off on his arm…it was this.

I remember thinking, “It isn’t going to be long before he regrets getting that…”

Mmm, caffeine. I like it! I’d find it hard not to lick it, however, if it belonged to someone I was intimate with. Just in case of the contact high.

There are a few knitting tats out there that rock. But the ones that have the KNIT and Purl on the knuckles is ummmm…a little off.

A friend of mine has a barbed-wire tattoo around her bicep, with a nicely-done single drop of blood.

But then, she and her husband had (real) barbed wire around the base of their wedding cake.

As I get older I’m considering getting “Right” and “Left” tattooed on the backs of my hand. I may get my address put on my forearm too, just in case.

Rockingly cool knitting tat. Cause you know you wants one.

Your luck, you will move three months later.

I think that they mean traditional Chinese instead of simplified Chinese. A lot of Cantonese areas of China use traditional Chinese.

Either that, or the OP think Cantonese is the same as Chinese.

By the way, most cool characters are better in traditional Chinese, since it is more complicated and detailed.

Hee hee hee… that’s awesome. My brother actually does have “our” tribe’s stuff in his tattoos, but we are pasty white Celtic people, so we are more knotty than spiky… :smiley:

I’m not convinced this applies to tattoos as opposed to ritual scarification. I’d never get a Bible qutoe tattoo anyway, I’m just throwing it out there.

Why does a tramp stamp an indicator of sluttiness? Isn’t this just a case where people have decided only sluts get tramp stamps, ergo tramp stamps are slutty?

Is geekiness an unforgivable sin of tattoos? Because I’m seriously considering getting one this spring as a graduation gift to myself, and the several ideas in the running are all fairly overwhelmingly geeky.

You’re entitled to your own interpretation (I guess . . . :confused:) but most biblical scholars obviously disagree with you. Several of the ones quoted specifically say tattoo, and most others say “print any marks”, and they all list this law separately from cuttings, which sounds like the scarification you’re suggesting.

Why does a what?

I don’t speak ancient Greek or Hebrew, and experience in Bible debates on this site has taught me that just because a Bible passage is translated a certain way into English does not mean that’s what it actually meant.

Sorry. Should’ve been “Why IS a tramp stamp an indicator of sluttiness?”

But there seems to be a consensus in this instace. That is 12 different translations that say essentially the same thing - either tattoo specifically, or “print marks” - separately from making cuttings.

Why is a what?

Someone who knows the original language can put this to rest; I can’t.

You said the tramp stamp “self-identifies you as a slut.” How? What’s slutty about the tattoo?

What’s slutty about which tattoo now?

:rolleyes: So because somebody called a it a tramp stamp, you’re a tramp if you get it? Brilliant reasoning.

To round out the OP’s 10 to a lucky 13:

1. Those miniature angel wings on the shoulder blades. They just look silly.

2. Teardrops. Nobody can even agree what they’re supposed to symbolize.

3. Any racist or Nazi tattoo. Although I suppose these are at least useful if you’re in a bad bar looking for a fight. Beat up a guy who’s got a swastika tattoo and you know he probably deserved it for something.

How long has it been since it was a “lower back tattoo”? Six years? Eight? Ten? If you get something that is pretty much exclusively referred to in pejorative terms, then on some level you either want to be or don’t mind being associated with those terms.

Tramp stamp
Ass antlers
Cum target
Bullseye
Beer coaster

Sign me up.

And this affects the truth value of the “it’s a slutty tattoo” stereotype how?