The 10 tattoos that annoy me most

10. The Looney Tunes character

You are in your early 30s, just old enough to have been 18 at the wrong time, when Looney Tunes made a resurgence among trashy young people in the early/mid 90s. Eww.

9. The symbol in an Asian language you don’t speak

It means Wisdom, or Power, or God (even though it really means Fag.) So deep. It had to be in Cantonese why, now?

8. The “tribal” band

What tribe are you from?

7. Barbed wire

Afraid your bicep is going to wander off while you’re snoozing by the campfire, under the stars?

6. The brand logo

I’m sure Nike/Tapout/Graffix appreciates your endorsement. Oh wait, they don’t give a crap. Sucker.

5. The band name/logo

You’re not going to think Eddie from Iron Maiden is cool forever. Matter of fact, get a tattoo of anything reflecting your taste - you’re not going to like it forever, but you’re stuck with it.

4. Bible quotes, especially Old Testament ones

Ever read Leviticus?

3. The “tramp stamp”

Nothing shows your age (and foresight. and judgement.) like participating in a fad that a) self-identifies you as a slut, and b) you cannot later deny participating in!

2. Any lover’s name

Face it, it’s doomed. And they’re probably cheating on you.

1. “Only God Can Judge Me”

What’s with this one? Really, I know it was a Tupac song, but does every skinny, 19-year old, wannabe gangster, Blockbuster Video clerk need this tattoed on his forearm? What the hell does it even mean? “I plan on doing some really stupid shit, but don’t call me out on it or try to set me straight, because hey - - ::shows arm::”

When I got my first tattoo (one of those ten listed), there was a piercing apprentice there with a tattoo of an ice cream cone on her thigh. Two scoops, waffle cone.

My tattoorocks. So nyeh.

Hah! Now we know exactly which ones to get just to annoy YOU!
Bwahahaha!

Ya know, I can just picture a garden variety, no-nonsense judge, looking down from his or her bench upon a defendant about to receive sentence, noticing the “Only God Can Judge Me” tat on the forearm or hand, and thinking, “Well…we’ll just have to see about all that”.

Those “Love and Hate”

Home made tatts on the fingers of knuckle dragging Neanderthals.

Do you realise what a twat you come across as?

Ok, so which ones do you like?

Nontattooed and nonpierced guy here. I’ll be the judge of that!

looks over picture

Ok, you get a pass. Pretty baddass tattoo overall.

Also, to counterbalance all the negative vibes towards tattoos bound to come in this thread, here’s a link to some science themed tattoos.

The one that is driving my nuts lately is the not-a-trampstamp. My sister has one which probably has to do with why I think it’s stupid.

She has a weave pattern on her lower back but instead of being in the middle its on the left side. Every time I refer to it I call it a trampstamp, to which I am reminded that trampstamps are only in the middle of the back. Right moving the tatoo two inches to the left makes you less of a slut.

I see it a lot at bars now. I guess the girls think that they’re cute and that two inches makes a difference.

Told you.

There’s no such thing as a Cantonese character.

Can’t agree about the tramp stamps. Sure, many suck because they are poorly done or an ugly concept but as a location, the lower back is no better or worse (or sluttier) than any other.
I’ve seen some that were pretty great.

Tats on the face, neck or hands are the ones I can’t understand.

Well, 係 would be a Cantonese character, or 嘅, or 咗.

How aboutthis one? I’m pretty proud of mine.

Why would you let what someone else does with his own body annoy you?

---- cut — here — on a throat. I feel awfully tempted to comply.

This struck me because I was reading a dozen different translations of the same passage, but I love that God felt the need to remind people who was talking.

"No crazy foreing mourning rituals, y’all. No tattoos, neither.

PS am God"

Burp

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Obligatory link to Hanzi Smatter.

A tatoo of Jean Pierre Villechaize would be kind of funny.