The American-Canadian International Relations Thread

I agree but it gets worse than that. I have been blasted for referring to their rogue Air Force as ‘Canadian Geese’. Oh no, those are ‘Canada Geese’ according to some militants. I don’t care what the dictionary says, it is a stupid name and my term stands but I will modify it to be even worse than that if this keeps up.

The U.S. launches drone strikes on foreign countries because we like to do things the most expensive way possible. Canada, in its infinite practical sensibilities, has launched these large and highly aggressive shit-bombs on us for decades and they have the gall to complain about the term we use for them.

:slight_smile:

I like beer. We get along great. They consider me an honorary Canadian. At the office, I often have act as a translator when we have calls with the home office.

Also, they taught me how to eat french fries. One friend used to keep white vinegar in his car, so he’d have something to put on his chips when we went to the local English pub. None of that malt stuff!

You want a Caesar with those fries?

“Could”? “Try”?

One of the larger Canadian cities, by population, is Los Angeles. This is not an accident.

That’s why whenever someone says something about the United States, I snark back, “Oh yeah? Which one!?” (see official name).

:pukey smiley: Wars have been started over less.

Spoilin’ nice clams. Give it to us raw and w-r-r-riggling; you keep nasty tomato-clam-vodka juice.

I saw Greg Proops (as you’ll recall, a frequent guest on Who’s Line is it Anyway?) headline a standup evening in Calgary once. He did the same thing–remarked on how nice it was to be in “Canadia”–and I’m sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

Sure enough, an audience member corrected him. Proops promptly put the heckler in his place, before segue-ing nicely into an extremely funny routine in which he compared the US and Canada. As you might expect, Proops was diplomatic, and neither country emerged the winner. The audience loved it.