The answer is 42 years old

The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything that is. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy was first published in October of 1979 making it 42 years old now. I know people could argue that since the radio series came out the previous year, it is actually 43 years old, but that is jut the kind of distinction that fits in with the series.

Although I did not read the book when it first came out (nor hear the radio series), I can’t believe it has been so long (and thanks for all the fish) ago as well as how relevant it is today. That something that made me laugh in high school still makes me chuckle today is incredible. I will have to brew some tea and maybe have something a little with a lemon to celebrate.

Share and Enjoy

//i\\

Ah, yes, the old “six times nine” anniversary.

Jinnan tonyx all around.

Life?
Don’t talk to me about life…

Particle accelerator…check.
Rubber bands…check.
Liquid lunch…check.

< Looks very silly. >
< Throws away alphabetical list of everyone in The Universe

Of course you look silly. You don’t have a towel. BTW, I misconstrued your byline as Arms of Legs, Jello of Steel and now I want it for my own.

All your base 13 are belong to us.

I do to have a towel.
< pulls towel from waist and waves in the air >
See?

“I don’t do jokes in base 13.” - Douglas Adams

Harmless.

Mostly.

Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.

What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?

Ask a glass of water.

I recently went on a road trip and, depressingly, was asked several times why i brought a towel. One person at least sort of redeemed themselves when i explained and they claimed to understand.

Or, go stick your head in a pig.

Don’t Panic.

Says the guy with the nicely inconspicuous name…

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

Oh no, not again.