The Answer to the GOPs Convention Dilemma

No, that would be Hillary “Secretary of state during one of the biggest foreign policy screw-ups in the story of the country” Clinton.

Does anybody actually think that the Republicans would nominate a pro-choice black woman of questionable sexuality?

Benghazi, right? Where four guys died?

As opposed to Ronald Reagan and Beruit, where 300 died. But that doesn’t even make a blip, today.

But Ronnie was a god!

(Btw, how many American troops died in the second Iraq war ordered by Dubya before Obama pulled them out? I forget.)

She doesn’t have my vote, but I suspect most of the people who would consider voting for a Republican candidate this year do not hold Condoleeza Rice responsible for any policy screwups. In general I myself am inclined to hold her boxx responsible for most of those.

Ron Reagan’s not gay, as far as I know, and he’s certainly not openly gay.

The RNC as you envision it doesn’t have a whole lot of influence over most of the delegates. Some of the delegates are actually high ranking national/state RNC officials or actual Federal elected officials, Governors of States also, but of the 2400+ most are not. Most are just relatively involved people (in terms of being involved in small-ball type politics that usually don’t matter and most people don’t care about) who want to be delegates and go to the convention. There isn’t really a meaningful mechanism by which the RNC can just “magically” control these people. The mechanism to control them would be going out and doing what Cruz has been doing–building relationships with them on an individual level and buttering them up. Except the “RNC” actually has less resources to do this than you’d imagine versus a Presidential candidate like Cruz.

Naah, you’re right. I was misremembering rumors from long ago. Would’ve been a funny joke then. :slight_smile:

I don’t think Libya or anything that happened during Clinton’s tenure can be reasonably compared to Iraq.
I didn’t write THE biggest FP Screw-up in my original post, but personally I think it was worse than even Vietnam.

My theory is that NeonMadmen hasn’t come back to claim that Benghazi was worse than Iraq because his fingers melted when he tried to type those words.

Or he’s busy climbing where the bricks lay on Grand Street.

His browser tried to submit that answer but got an “606 - Bullshit overflow error”

I usually try not to post these kind of responses because they just tend to clutter threads, but…

LOL. :slight_smile:

This.

Actually, I was just being a bit snarky, though I can’t say I have much respect for Hillary.

And besides that, I didn’t get back around to looking at this thread until just now…

She has repeatedly stated she has no interest. And, Rice is almost certainly a lesbian – that didn’t matter when she was just a W Admin official, but it would be different under a candidate’s spotlight.

The man with no name walks into the convention hall squinting and speaking through clenched teeth. “Get three coffins ready.”

For Cruz, Trump and… Priebus? Or are the Koch brothers going to share one?

I agree.

Since wingnuts make all their life decisions based on what is or isn’t explicitly in the Constitution, it’s clear that there is no problem having a president who has passed on, is no more, has ceased to be, has expired and gone to meet his maker, bereft of life, resting in peace, kicked the bucket, shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible. And since Saint Reagan advocated minimal government, how fitting that his new administration should be the most minimal in history. If his entire Cabinet was also deceased, it would be a triumph of Republican ideals.

My mistake. Make that four coffins.