The Arizona recount--reactions?

Ahhh, beer! Happy cake day!

Heck, they’re all grain products, amirite? As Fred Sanford used to say, “Beer is just corn flakes in a can.”

A hydraulic sandwich. (An?)

This. This is the tactic they’ve settled on for '24. The nicely gerrymandered legislatures in swing states are preparing to refuse to certify results in their heavily blue counties. Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and Allegany), Wisconsin (Milwaukee and Dane), Michigan (Wayne), North Carolina (Wake and Mecklenburg) and Georgia (Fulton et al) will all be targeted and it could work.

Oops, forgot Arizona (Maricopa).

The recount started up again today:

There’s more; it’s a fairly comprehensive article.

Are these volunteers really working for free? Are they getting any kind of “compensation”? If not, is the non-disclosure agreement really a valid and enforceable contract?

This was supposed to be the most transparent audit ever, wasn’t it?

At a public presentation last week, Cyber Ninjas CEO (and Trump conspiracy theorist) Doug Logan cited as part of his qualifications that his firm “worked with some of the largest names in the financial services space,” including Citibank and JP Morgan Chase.

Three guesses as to how Citi and JPM replied when asked whether they had ever hired Cyber Ninjas.

I’ll take a stab at it, as if they acknowlged the connection: “Thes knucklesticks thought the State took too long to count in the first place? And were ineficient at it?”

They said worked “with”, not worked “for”. They probably got really low introductory rates on their Citibank Rewards and Chase Sapphire credit cards.

There have been a lot of posts about the motivations for the recount, but ISTM that there are three pretty distinct sets of motives:

1. People who think there really was fraud and are determined to expose it. These are the low-level folks, which include people who would attend Trump rallies, and a significant number of state-level elected officials. There are a very few national-level elected officials in this group, such as Louis Gohmert.

2. People who just want to use the current outrage over perceived fraud, as an excuse to enact more voter suppression laws and thereby get elected again more easily. These are largely in the state legislatures, and quite a few in Congress.

3. People who know there was no significant fraud, but can’t say so because they’ll get Liz Chenied. This group is mostly the Rs in Congress who aren’t speaking out one way or the other.

Trump himself is in group 1. I’m pretty sure he really does believe it, if only because his mental disorder doesn’t allow him to.

Yeah, probably so. He will never believe that he ever lost at anything. Can’t accept it. It must be a strange state of mind, because he cheats at golf (and everything, I suppose) to ‘win’.

And I doubt that any of his staff dares to contradict him. Well, they only do it once.

I imagine this is the application form to volunteer for the Cyber Ninja counting team: :nauseated_face: :roll_eyes:

1. Are you a Republican?

2. Do you support Donald Trump for President?

3. Do you agree that the evil Democrats stole the election somehow?

4. Are you prepared to find the evidence of Democratic fraud?

Individual 1: " Arizona Republican State Senators are engendering such tremendous respect, even adoration, for the great job they are doing on the Forensic Audit of the 2020 Presidential Election Scam."

UM… adoration??? That’s a bit much.

But it’s the greatest thing in the world to receive, to Trump, so of course he’s going to tell them that they are adored.

I don’t believe trumpy composed that. First, because of the word “engendered” and second, because he admitted that someone besides himself could be adored. Smells fishy to me.

It’s just Trump being Trump. Bullies are all about flattery until it doesn’t work, then the threats start.

Yeah, engendered made me suspicious.