The Arizona recount--reactions?

“You’re hearing more and more about engendered. Nobody had ever heard of it, but since I used it, more and more people are discovering what a big, beautiful word it is.”

You definitely do the best job in emulating his babble. I’m happy to see less need for it, but if we need to see his babble emulated, I’m glad you’re still writing it.

“People accuse me of being against nature and forests and wildlife and stuff, but I love engendered species! I love them more than anyone else has ever loved them! And the engendered love me, too! I’m a very well-known conversationalist-- the best, in fact!”

“Engendering” sounds like something Republicans should be angrily opposing.

In fact, a bald eagle came up to me and said, “Sir, thank you for saving us!”

It was a big, tough, macho bald eagle, who had never cried in his life, but he had tears in his eyes.

You know, there’s video of that moment but I don’t think that’s what the eagle was saying.

https://www.ecowatch.com/donald-trump-attacked-by-eagle-named-uncle-sam-gif-goes-viral-1882129344.html

it appear the eagle was trying to get to his “hair”…

“That reminds me of the nest I was hatched in…”

What’s Happening In Arizona Is Not Really An Audit Or A Recount. It’s A Partisan Inquisition.

My reaction:

I didn’t expect that…
Well, I did, not really surprising.

But seriously, I do think it is time to toss all those rascals that approved this “fraudit” out, or at least sue them for their “Joe Arpaio” like loss of money in their pursuit of their ignorance to the estate and city.

I heartily approve, but first you have to get the voters of Arizona to agree and 77% of AZ Republicans (and apparently 10% of Democrats) support it. It’s an overall minority of the state if you accept the poll numbers, but one that will keep locally rewarding the same Republican pols that throw this red meat to the base.

Yes, but one thing to take into account, many of those Arizona Republicans saw the light and dumped Joe Arpaio because even they could not approve of losing the tax money that was collected from them with bigoted moves that produced money losing lawsuits to the state.

I expect that sure, unhinged guys will be elected in those conservative districts, but less racist and less willing to approve of idiotic money losing moves like this “recount”.

If the recount claims that the Dominion machines reversed the vote, expect a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against the state.

The latest quirky story from the recount.
The CEO of a subcontractor to Cyber Ninjas has made copies of the personal information of all of the voters in Maricopa county and drove it by car to a “secure lab” in Montana. That “secure lab” is his cabin in the woods.

Disclaimer: I live in Arizona.

My friends and I consider this recount to be completely baseless. There is no evidence to support the (One more time, again!) continuing attempts to rewrite the election results. I consider this continuing recount a dangerous action that seeks to destroy the basis of our democracy, so it is not just theater to keep the “believers” and “conspiracy inclined” stirred up.

I have never been more afraid for our country than the last 7 months.

P.S. We are not all crazy and dangerous here; sometimes it seems like that because crazy makes for news and is dangerous.

Agree 100%.

Ditto Texans. It’s a tossup whether it’s more embarrassing to be from Texas or Arizona these days.

Some (now) friends are part time home owners that live down the road. We learned that the are from Texas and worried. But they’re cool. They despise Trump just as my Wife and I do.

My BIL in TX is a big Trump supporter. I like him very much otherwise, we just do not talk politics.

You guys can relax, there is still Florida out there to make you look better.

Yes, it’s so embarrassing that Florida, Texas and Arizona are the top three states in the U.S. for net internal migration.

The states losing the most people to other states? California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey… followed by Massachusetts, Louisiana, Michigan, Maryland, Connecticut, Pennsylvania…

Spotting any trends? The fastest growing states are the ones everyone here loves to hate. The ones losing people the fastest are all deep-blue Democratic machine states.

People are voting with their feet, and those votes are leaving Democratic states and moving to Republican states.

In the last census, Texas gained two seats, while Colorado, Florida, Montana, North Carolina and Oregon each gained one seat. California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia each lost one seat.

But they’re not moving because of politics. Or at least most aren’t. Some (retirees, mostly) move because the climate is better in the new state. But most people move because that’s where they found a new job. Or their job got moved. And what kind of job gets moved? Ones that require a college education.

This is actually the main reason that AZ, TX, GA and NC are trending blue. Republicans have attracted many of the noncollege educated votors, but lost the college educated ones. But the new voters in those states don’t come out of no where. They’re moving from blue states, so those blue states are becoming less blue. Which is part of the reason the “blue wall” collapsed in 2016.