The Berenstein Bears Controversy

And here it is-

[spoiler]

A Chinese man and his Jewish friend were walking along one day when the Jewish man whirled and slugged the Chinese man and knocked him down.

“What was that for?” the Chinese man asked.

“That was for Pearl Harbor!” the Jewish man said.

“Pearl Harbor? That was the Japanese. I’m Chinese.”

“Chinese, Japanese, you are all the same!”

“Oh!”

They continued walking and after a while the Chinese man whirled and knocked the Jewish man to the ground.

“What was that for?” the Jewish man asked.

“That was for the Titanic!”

“The Titanic? That was an iceberg.”

“Iceberg, Goldberg, you are all the same.”[/spoiler]

Right?:smiley:

Me! Me! I know it!

Nonsense, it’s an old joke that’s pretty well known, especially among Jews. :slight_smile:

Looks like some remnants of the -stein universe may still exist here in this current, -stain universe.

Look at the TV listings for Saturday at 7:00. So perhaps there indeed was a glitch in space-time… or a typo, or something like that.

Mandela Effect

This thread may be best suited to Cafe Society. I’ll relocate it.

Noooooooo!! Don’t disappear the thread, people will forget about it in this timestream!!!

Cafe Society is the most frequented forum in the alternate universe, I’m told.

I thought it was called the Coffee Society.

Not my era.

But I know that every time I hear the name, I think it sounds like something left on the sheets.

Bears can’t spell, so what does it matter?

This… this is marvelous! That’s the first time I’ve laughed out loud at something here in a long time. :smiley:

No, it’s Coffee Talk. You have coffee, you talk. No big woop.

The Bernstain Bear is neither a stain nor a bear. Discuss.

Like some others, I always thought it was -stain. When I saw the thread title, I thought “I think that name is spelled wrong.”

That wave during their vacation still haunts my dreams.

No matter how you spell it, Mama Bear was a condescending know-it-all jerk who treated her husband like shit.

I’ve read a few too many of these to my kids in recent years. Papa Bear was the prototypical idiot husband who couldn’t feed himself without his wife to take care of him.

If that condition lasts more than 4 hours, consult your doctor.

I would have bet money that it was Berenstein, I recall myself remarking about the spelling and wondering how to pronounce it. I would not have wondered about that if it was Berenstain. We are living in an alternate universe people!

When I was a kid, spelling the names in children’s books was so much easier. It was Babar and George, Curious.

Series premiere of Gummi Bears! That is far more exciting.

(Also channel 12 showed a lot of Child Sexual Abuse later in the day. Worrisome.)