The Best Christmas EVER!

We’ve been remodeling our house for 7 years and maybe 8 months. My kitchen has been in the laundry room for that period of time. In all fairness, the room was sheetrocked and carpeted before we turned it into the kitch/laun. Its taken nearly 8 years because we bit off way more than we could chew; shit is expensive and he did nearly everything himself (I was his barely able assistant!)

On Sunday, I cooked the first meal in the new kitchen! :smiley:

Not everything is moved into it yet, and there are still a few loose ends, but the stove is in and I can start moving everything else in. The dishwasher will be in this weekend (he still has to run the water line to the actual dishwasher) and the fridge will get moved when either his brother or friends come over. I wasn’t even expecting it! He kept babbling about needing to do this that and the other, so I figured it was going to be a birthday present.

It was far from gourmet (technically it was leftover roast beef remade as beef stew - yum!). But damn! I was cooking in my kitchen!

The hardest part will be getting used to not being able to unload pockets and wallets in the kitchen (which has been workroom / storage for so long). I can’t wait to bitch about his crap being in my kitchen!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now we get to get rid of that nasty bar in the basement (which had been both counter and storage space), we can move the pool table to the basement, and get the dining room table out of storage. Even as I type this, it doesn’t make much sense, but its just so hard to describe. And most home remodels are just not as extensive as ours was, so when wonderful, well-meaning people want to connect and share their story of their difficult remodel, I generally have to restrain from :rolleyes: as their “tribulations” aren’t even a match compared to my forest fire.

NEW KITCHEN!! We’ll just see how much work I actually get done today!

If you’ve been cooking in your laundry room for eight years, all I can do is go :eek::eek::eek:

and

YIPPEE!! :slight_smile:

Congratulations, and enjoy the fruit of your labor.

Thanks Ellen Cherry - its been one hell of a ride, and there is still a lot of house that needs work done, but I finally got my kitchen! Can’t wait to get home and start moving stuff in!!

Pictures?