The best show I'm assuming you aren't watching: Bob's Burgers

Wasn’t this the show people were saying was absolutely terrible and would be canceled within 5 episodes? They must’ve really ramped up the quality.

Not really.

It eventually did get its feet under itself, and it’s better than Family Guy or the Cleveland Show, but it’s still not great, just worth a smile or a chuckle more often than not, and a good laugh once or twice an episode.

Feh. I watched the first two or three episodes, didn’t care for it, never tried it again. Just not my cup of tea.

You may be thinking of one of the other dozen-or-so shows FOX has tried slipping into its Sunday night Animation Domination block.

My feelings are pretty much the same as Eve’s. I don’t see the genius in it.

Pepper Mill can’t stand this show.

Same here. Watched the first two episodes, and thought it was mediocre. Then again, one of my favorite shows at the moment is Delocated, so maybe I’m not one to judge.

What universe did I wake up in? GF and I watched an episode once and wrote it off as the worst piece of dreck regurgitated by television in recent memory.

Loved HOME MOVIES, love BOB’S BURGERS. I can remember being on the fence about the show, but the episode where Bob’s trapped in the crawlspace kind of sold me.

I think public opinion of BOB’S BURGERS was on the iffy side, and then everybody got to see ALLEN GREGORY, and suddenly BOB’S BURGERS became much better.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn’t either.

The pilot was … pretty bad, actually. But they ramped it the hell up from there, and I’ll just go over to the Jon/Kristen lovefest area of this thread now.

Oh - I saw a mom with two daughters on a walk the other day. The younger one was wearing the same bunny-ear hat thingamajig that Schaal’s character has, and I about pissed myself laughing.

I think you mean that lay-about, Benjamin Katz :slight_smile:

I agree with those who find it hard to watch due to Archer’s voice coming out of someone else’s mouth.

Watched it a couple of times - got turned off by the whining of the older daughter.

I think it’s just Ok (like American Dad).
I leave it on (unlike Cleveland) but don’t rush back into the room after the commercial (Simpsons/Family Guy).
I’ve noticed some things about the kids:
The younger daughter is a mix of Bart’s troublemaking and Stewie’s older-then-he-looks doomsday planning.
The son is Bobby from King of the Hill.
The older daughter is Meg.