The Biden Administration - the first 1,500 days [NOT an Afghanistan discussion]

So you’re saying that President Biden will actually observe the separation of church and state, that the Trump administration’s exceptionally cruel border policies will continue to cost the country, that there’s always a market for petty, immature political sniping, and that right-wing news media like to smear Biden.

Nothing new there then.

Wait, Biden won’t let religion determine his policy? Are you telling me he isn’t cutting open goats and reading their entrails before making decisions? Impeach him, NOW

I don’t trust a President who doesn’t use gyromancy, myself.

Hey now…

It looks like you have included five superfluous words at the end of your sentence, there.

The point isn’t that. Rather, he claims to be a practicing Catholic but refers to the “Book of Palms.” Practicing Catholics attend Mass at least every Sunday and know that it’s the Book of Psalms, and used in the Responsorial Psalms.

I can’t say I’m a huge Biden fan, but I do take comfort in seeing the sort of anthills Biden critics are willing to die on.

And I’m sure Biden knows that it’s the Book of Psalms too, misspeak not withstanding. Hell, I’m not a catholic, and I know that. So do you HAVE a point?

I don’t understand how someone who attends Mass regularly can mispronounce it.

Perhaps it was a typo in a teleprompter and he was simply reading it without understanding what he was reading.

You’ve never slipped up and said the wrong word? That’s amazing, but unfortunately Biden is merely human like most of us, not some perfect being who’s never mispronounced anything in his life like you apparently are. Maybe you should run for office, I don’t see how a mere mortal could defeat you

Plus, the guy fights a stutter. I’m no speech therapist, but if my seeing The King’s Speech a million and twelve times has taught me anything it’s that stutterers need to have all sorts of tricks to keep their voices on track. Maybe “psalms” is a trigger word and he picked the next best one.

Clearly he said “Palms” instead of “Psalms” because Biden is actually a robot controlled by the lizard Illuminati who are using CRT to turn our children into genderless mind slaves via their chain of pizza restaurants something something Epstein.

Or ralfy is desperately trying to manufacture a ridiculous anti-Biden narrative out of nothing. One of those.

i think @ralfy should read Two Corinthians.

Our priest read from Two Corinthians the week before Easter. On Psalm Sunday.

Of all the “debates” across the one-year and 1,434 post lifespan of this thread, I officially nominate “Psalmgate” as the dumbest.

Yes! This is definitely it!

Biden has to be held to the Highest Possible Standard at all times and in all places. He cannot he allowed one single slip in speech or behavior (that time he glanced at his watch-- shame, shame).

Bring back Donald Trump! No standards! Let’s go back to awarding a medal if the president doesn’t actually take a crap on his desk. In public. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Donald Trump didn’t throw his Cheerios all over the floor when he was done eating. Even better - he didn’t throw them on the floor BEFORE he was done, then started crying because now he was hungry!

This monumental achievement should earn him the Noble Prize in Behaving Presidentially.

He also ate White House chocolate cake with two scoops of ice cream Like A Boss.

Twice, and in two forms of the same word? Book of Palms and palmists? And referring to a word frequently used in Mass?

No, you’re right, he’s a space alien pretending to be a catholic, but luckily you caught on to him so he’s gotta go back to Alpha Centauri now