The Big Bang Theory 12/6--The Fish Guts Displacement

Howard and Bernadette have a tense dinner with both of her parents. The subject of Mr. Rostenkowski’s weekend fishing trip comes up and Howard is hooked into going with him. Meanwhile, Sheldon reluctantly agrees to take care of a sick Amy the way his mother took care of him.

The Sheldon/Amy plot should be fun.

Especially if he decides to rub Vap-O-Rub on her chest.

From the previews I have seen

As Sheldon is about to rub some Vicks on her chest, he says you “might feel some tingling” AFF says, with her mouth quivering “You can count on it”

Her father, sure. One of my favorite lines:

Howard: I’m terrified about going into space. What if I don’t make it back?
Mr. Rostenkowski: It’s gonna be okay, son. (audience goes awww…)
Howard: You really think so?
Mr. Rostenkowski: Of course. A pretty girl like Bernadette? She’ll find a new guy.

i sensed the spanking line coming.

So the next episode needs to have the rest of the guys - Penny, especially - learning and reacting to the fact that Sheldon has now actually touched real live boobs.

Don’t forget about Amy “needing help” in the bath; Bernadette was actually present for that conversation.

If Amy and Sheldon ever engage in coitus I’m pretty sure Sheldon won’t know it.

Hilarious episode. Make all of the shows feature Bernadette, Amy and Penny and I’ll be a happy happy man.

Didn’t see much of Bernadette’s mom, but I thought she did a nice job of capturing Melissa Rauch’s mannerisms for the character.

I was thinking it was possible, but it seemed a little out of character for Sheldon. I wonder if it would have worked better to have Amy suggest it.

Mayim Bialik was hilarious in this episode.

*I still have to put a cold rag on your head, sing to you and apply VapoRub to your chest.
Y-You want to rub something on my chest?
Yes. All over it.
Maybe we should start with that.
Now you’re being a responsible patient. Now, you may notice some tingling.
Oh, I’m counting on it.

Are you prepared to receive your punishment?
One second. I want to put on some music.
Why?
I don’t want to disturb the people next door while you discipline me.
Very well, then. Get over my knee. Let’s begin.
Oh, my.
Excuse me. You’re not supposed to be enjoying this.
Then maybe you should spank me harder.*

I was laughing so hard I was crying during this bit…

i’m waiting for Sheldon to get sick. that will put those two over the top and with that vixen AFF in control will result in coitus.

I have been a “Big Bang Theory” fan & have laughed so many many times with this series. But I hate to see it veering into overtly overly sexual humor like the awful Two & a Half Men or Two Broke Girls. Ugh to the whole spanking idea. Creepy & disgusting. I will never watch this episode again, and may just drop the show. Yeah, I’m gonna be called a prude again, but I guess I don’t care.

It won’t be coitus…next.

They are going to milk {ahem} this for a several episodes.

And yes, this episode might get Mayim Bialik an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress.

Oh, I disagree. My girlfriend hit the nail on the head when she said, “When Amy and Sheldon finally do it, she is in for the ride of her life. Because if anybody will do the research on technique and be willing to experiment until he gets that shit right, it’s Shelly.”

With respect, the reason people usually call another a prude, isn’t because they see things differently or have a different attitude to something. It’s because that person always feels the need to announce to everyone, (who did not ask!), why ‘X’ just won’t do, and is not up to their high standards.

If they crossed a line for you don’t tune in again. No one will think or call you a prude. However, if you announce your disdain, unsolicited at every opportunity they may, eventually.

thanks elbows - I realize that it’s my own personal hangup & would not impose my standards on others. The writers obviously have a right to go where they want; I just won’t follow.

This critic seems to be on your side, well he’s back.

I won’t stir up trouble by stating my opinion here, but I didn’t want you to feel completely alone.