The Big Bang Theory, Season 12, Episode 2 (September 27, 2018) -- "The Wedding Gift Wormhole"

That won’t work. The 20 years later episode already showed Stuart alone and still pathetic. So if this relationship happens it falls to shit later, it seems.

Finally saw it. Nobody mentioned the funniest bit. When Raj rushes in and says, “I’m getting married!” and everybody says a very unethusiastic “Yay!” and Penny loudly says, “NO!” in disgust.

Stuart and Denise were cute.

Everything about the Stuart storyline was great, except for the fake tan before a date thing. It’s been done folks (e.g., Kramer on Seinfeld). Nearly cratered the whole storyline for me.

As to the 20 year later thing, just because Stuart showed up alone outside the building doesn’t mean he is romantically alone. Denise or whoever he’s with could just be doing something else.

When I saw the I heart NY shirts I immediately thought that Sheldon was going to explain the “NY” thing as something else. But stupidly I didn’t see the Neil Young thing coming. We’ve only been to a bunch of his concerts, have a lot of his albums, got his signature, etc. :smack:

Bernadette said that the finally got Halley to sleep thru the night. How old is this kid? Checking … born December 17, 2016. Nearly two years old. Um, that’s well past the time most kids start sleeping thru the night. A misplaced joke about their other kid, who is 7 months old? (Quick: name and gender? I thought so.)

The wand/scavenger hunt thing just seemed like a way to kill time. Very dumb at all levels.

Most, maybe, but not all. I can assure you of this, as someone who lived through it.:frowning:

Well sitcoms aren’t known for their consistent storylines. Friends seemed to move to a different parallel universe on a semi-regular basis.

I was disappointed that Denise didn’t mention Lemony Snicket when Stuart said he’d “made a series of unfortunate decisions”.

I didn’t see this thread before I posted in the Episode 3 thread that I hope the writers write in a “hopelessly romantic” new woman for Raj and get rid of the character introduced in Episode 3.

I don’t remember a 20 years in the future episode or scene. Which episode was it?

The one with Raj’s murder mystery party. They all made a pact to meet on the same date 20 years in the future, and in the final scene we see that only Stuart shows up.

The standards to which sitcoms are held up these days seems unprecedented.

Meaning the bar is set too … low? :dubious: :confused:

Sitcoms used to have no real continuity or character consistency or really any care taken beyond getting laughs. Because in recent times a lot of newer shows have been more cinematic, with ongoing story arcs of some complexity, that standard has been applied to all TV. We now expect even dumb cheesy sitcoms to have a reliable continuity and consistency of character, but really the people making them just want you to laugh for a few minutes.

I will judge sitcoms on if they manage to have a decent story or make me laugh. I won’t judge them on whether their storylines line up perfectly with established canon.