The Big Bang Theory, Season 8, Episode 12 (January 8, 2015) -- "The Space Probe Disintegration"

Renewed through the 2016-2017 season.

I think some people who watch TBBT are the same people who keep jamming ice picks in their ear.

Because it feels so good when the episode is over.

Personally, I think this episode was made to set up some future story arcs.

Raj/Hinduism/Emily
Raj getting some recognition for the Pluto Probe.
Leonard moving out/Sheldon living alone.

It must be one hell of a dress then, since it was the nightie that actually woke me up. Guess it’s worth a FF rewatch at least.

From “The Pirate Solution,” Season 3:

Leonard: I’ve always been a little confused about this. Why don’t Hindus eat beef?
Raj: We believe cows are gods.
Sheldon: Not technically. In Hinduism, cattle are thought to be like god.
Raj: Do not tell me about my own culture, Sheldon! The mood I’m in, I’ll take you out, I swear to cow!

And, almost as if someone had been reading the other thread about Amy Farah Fowler’s looks, Penny called Amy “pretty” this week.

Oh yeah, that’s what I was remembering. Thanks! Hilarious!

The old man at the temple who dinged Raj’s car looked very familiar. I seem to remember him in some position where he cursed a lot. Does anybody have any idea what show or movie might had a very foulmouthed skinny old Indian man with moustache?

His name is Noel De Souza and here is his IMDB page.

That was definitely the Malibu Temple. The one on Rosemead in Pasadena is a rather non-descript building.

Are you perhaps thinking of Steve Carell’s co-worker in The 40-Year-Old Virgin?

I wonder if The Great Waldo Pepper has him in the “Whos left from early TV” thread?

He will be 90 years old later this year!

It was your basic painted on little black fuck me dress.

I am not sure if they honestly are reining Sheldon in a bit (because the character has been insufferable for years) or if that was all just an excuse to show him and Leonard crying their purses because the creators thought that image was funny.

I was thinking of what a sea change it represents that the writers could throw in a casual reference to Diwali without having to explain it.

Good point. I never heard of it myself until I saw that episode of “The Office (US)”

i had forgotten about the " i swear to cow!" line. that line will always have me laughing. i may have to work that into every day use.

Interesting thread.

I too fell asleep during the episode. Quite telling.

Maybe Chuck Lorre is going into the TV-delivered insomnia cure business.