The Big Bang Theory, Season 9, Episode 14 -- "The Meemaw Materialization"

I really wanted MeeMaw to be played by Cloris Leachman. She would have been a great foil for Sheldon. She wasn’t written well either. There was no spark in her interactions with Sheldon. She struck me as one of those old ladies that extends all of her energy just getting home around and has nothing left for social interactions, not a good sitcom character. She could have been great, but, as written, she was better left unseen.

That was my wife’s idea as well. OK actress badly written and a total waste of opportunity.

Hey, it had to happen sometime! :frowning:

Better they should do like Frasier and save it until the end of the final season.

Yeah, but Howard being a stay-at-home dad could actually be pretty funny.

Oh man, you really nailed it! Cloris Leachman would have been a fantastic choice.
I didn’t mind the actress that they went with – she was adequate. But there was no “Oomph” in her character. Now, Cloris would have provided “Oomph”, and then some. Drat. Wasted opportunity!

What would…

…the kid’s first word be? “Sheldon”?

Hey, what if it’s a fake out and Amy is pregnant!

Could lead to a spin-off

This has occurred to me as well. Surely …

… Sheldon used “protection”? :dubious: :confused:

So I haven’t watched in a while. When did Sheldon lose his virginity? Did they tell how well he performed?

He and Amy both seemed to enjoy it! :o

17 December 2015.

Like others, I thought Meemaw was a let-down. I guess I was expecting someone who would dote on Sheldon, bake him cookies, and generally spoil him rotten. But she was just meh.

Oh well…

When Emily comes on screen, it seems like someone just left. :frowning:

I was expecting the exact opposite: that Meemaw would be a raving bitch to everyone and Sheldon would be unable to see it, either because he was blinded by memories or because she moderated her bitchiness whenever he was a witness.

As it was presented, you are right - meh.

I was sort of hoping Meemaw would have a personality exactly like Penny, whkich would explain so, so many things about the Sheldon/Penny relationship.

Strange? She’s married to Sheldon’s best friend and roommate. If anyone knew it would be Leonard, and if Leonard told anyone it would be Penny. What would be strange is neither of them knowing. In fact, you could posit that them not knowing beforehand was a lame move by the writers to make the breakup believable. Sheldon not consulting them was out of character.

I too was disappointed in Meemaw, and agree that she perhaps may have been better left unseen. I’m not sure if it was the actress or the writing, or both. Something just felt . . . off. She and Amy’s exchanges weren’t funny but they weren’t compelling as drama either. Just very half baked. I do like the screenwriter girl and wouldn’t mind her having a regular part. As to **silenus’s **spoiler, if true this would very likely be my last season. This might be one of the very few shows who will handle a pregnancy story line well - the only other show I can think of that did is Modern Family - but I really hope they don’t go there.

I dont get the Emily hate.:confused:

This epi was Ok, a few laughs. Sheldon was not as big a jerk as usual.

And he did stand up to Meemaw over Amy, so that’s progress.