The Big Bang Theory, Season 9, Episode 15 (February 11, 2016) -- "The Valentino Submergence"

Went up the ladder to get a drink? Fell in?

The Office did it too, with Angela and Pam.

99.9% effective #mary

<golf clap>

It was the funniest episode in a while. Kripke calling in, Howard failing to bribe the Maitre D, and Sheldon being unable to get the conversation back to flags were all funny. One of the best episodes of the season.

That was Leonard.

Penny must be very cool, she brushes her hair with a leaf blower.
Perhaps, the rabbit can live and everybody else can drown in the hot tub.
Lets bring a baby into the mix. What could possibly go wrong ?

A mediocre episode, sure, but I admired the compassionate way that Amy handled Raj’s and Kripke’s emotional pain. Wouldn’t it be neat if a publishing exec who was tuned into FWF offered Amy her own syndicated agony aunt column?

Too retro - print is dead. Now if some internet company did it…

I hope the cute white-haired girl returns. GROWWWL! :smiley:

You’re right, that was pretty good. Amy’s done gone and got herself some emotional intelligence!

The thing I liked most about this episode: Raj got rid of Emily, who I disliked. Yay! But the cool new girl was in a relationship. Too bad.

The thing that bugged me is that pregnant women aren’t supposed to hop into hot tubs, are they? Yeah she said don’t make it too hot but still seems like something she should know.

As if you can instantly change the temp of a hot tub, short of dumping in a bunch of ice…

We had a hot tub when I was pregnant, but we kept it pretty much at body temperature, and we’d rarely stay in it for more than 10-15 minutes, so it was as if I was taking a warm bath. No ill effects at all. My baby girl is a science teacher today! :smiley:

Without the hot tub she would have been a doctor. :smiley:

The last BBT season I really enjoyed is Season 5. Episodes since then are just hit or miss. The characters are getting older, and so the previous plots really do not work any more, especially since the fellows are in relationships/marriages. Seasons 8 and 9 are much more soap-operish for me. The show was not as enjoyable as it was for me anyway.

I was thinking of more horrible consequences of her handling that funky stuff.

I can imagine all kinds of awful consequences, but it is, after all, a sit-com.