The Carson Caucus

I am watching a re-run of the Tonite Show with Johnny Carson from just before the 1984 Iowa Caucus. He had his audience stand up and do something like rubbing their belly or patting their head to indicate whom they would vote for if the election were held tomorrow. Reagan won re-election by a landslide. So the Carson Caucus is likely one of the most accurate polls ever taken.

So, if you’re for Trump, what body part do you rub?

I think it involves bending over and putting your head way up where the sun don’t shine.

Your grammar is quite good (nice, proper use of “whom”) but you might want to brush up on your data collection and statistics.

1. You give no indication of what that 1984 straw poll produced in terms of data.

2. Even if that straw poll was dead on, one data point does not a “most accurate poll ever taken” make.

Click bait.

While ‘whom’ was used correctly, I believe the sentence is still off grammatically. It should’ve read “He had his audience stand up and do something like *rub * [not ‘rubbing’] their belly or pat [not ‘patting’] their head to indicate for whom they would vote [not ‘whom they would vote for’] if the election were held tomorrow.”