The Celebrity Death Pool 2004

Questions, questions! I think most of you have got it right, though.

Baker: No, I don’t require cites of birthdates with submissions. (Cites when announcing someone’s death during the game are helpful, however.) I’m more concerned with my not catching submissions who’ve already died (Rule 3a).

Rule 2 states that your picks must be time- and date-stamped by midnight Chicago time (U.S. Central, six hours behind Greenwich) on Dec. 31st. cazzle and Captain Lance have the right idea about time of death and time zones: if it’s already 2005 where the dead celebrity is, no points can be scored for the 2004 game if it’s still 2004 here. What VunderBob said.

Captain Lance: Rule 5 states: “If we are uncertain about the celebrity’s age at death, we will go with the higher age (lower score).”

Captain Lance, I am willing to go along with your suggestion re executed prisoners – we’re macabre but not that macabre – but how do we define “celebrity” prisoners? Just, “anyone who makes the news as a prisoner who is then executed” (would be ineligible)? Anyone have any feedback here?