The Curious Case of the Cougar and the Commissioner

Smothers Brothers. Man, are you ever* old!*

It’s political dumb-assery. For whatever reason, CA has made hunting mountain lions/cougars/pumas/catamounts/panthers illegal to hunt. This guy is in charge of enforcing that law, but is proudly displaying his enjoyment of the same activity in another state. In the world of politics that calls into question his sincerity in performing his job. It’s politics, it doesn’t have to make sense.

:smiley:

What was that in reference to?

elucidtator: I’m old enough to remember the SBs, but I don’t get the joke. Hint?

Take it, elucidtator!

No.

No. Hmmm, that doesn’t help. Give me another hint!

It was a routine that Dumb Brother would be talking about frontier life, indians, deserts, and pumas. Smart Brother interrupts “False! No pumas in North America!” Dumb Brother sulks and insists they were cougars. Which are pumas. No penis ensued.

We ain’t got nonna those neither! We got some panthers . . .

You old geezers are sad. Don’t you know it’s easier to link to YouTube?

Pumas in the crevasses, lions ruling the barrancas, take your pick.

The thing is, these animals have too many names, and thus need to be exterminated.

Ha, I was just reading a novel that referred to them as “catamounts”, and had to look up what that meant. Especially since it was a fantasy novel, I thought “catamount” sounded like something mythological like a manticore.

Sort of comes across like the head of the DEA posting a Facebook photo of himself toking up in Amsterdam. Legal but dumb.

I can’t see the word “catamount” without thinking of Penn State. Or is that “catamite?” Apparently even the football coaches are confused…

The “catamite” is the rock formation that hangs down from the “ceiling” of a cavern, the “catatite” is the one that thrusts up from the “floor”.

That was meant as a slap at the commissioner and the Democrats, not anybody here. Sorry for being confusing.

It’s a little late in the game for that, dude. :smiley:

What if the head of the school board travelled to Thailand to have legal sex with a 15 year old? Everybody cool with that?

I believe that adults having sex with 15 years olds is always wrong.

Do you believe that a sportsman killing an animal that is not endangered is always wrong? If not, you’ve chosen a poor analogy. If so, there’s very little room to debate such an extreme position.

Hell, I’m not convinced that it’s always wrong to kill an animal that is endangered. I’m mostly amused by the fact that stepping over an imaginary boundary can alter the morality of an action. It’s kind of like eating pork through a hole in a sheet.