The Curious Case of the Cougar and the Commissioner

It’s not an imaginary boundary. The Sierra and Rocky mountains are different habitats. Sierra in CA, Rockies in ID.

I see nothing wrong with what he did. He legally went hunting in another state. I don’t even consider it a bad PR move. I feel sorry for the guy.

I believe that Thailand frowns on ‘sex tourism’. And still illegal in States

A better analogy would be vice cop in California getting his pipe smoked in the Chicken Ranch in Nevada. Perfectly legal, but hypocritical.

I think this case is clouded by the fact that so many of us consider Mountain Lions to be majestic animals, and we would never consider hunting them since they are pure trophy kills. But imagine if big horned sheep were endangered in CA, but plentiful in Idaho. The guy kills the sheep, and feeds his family and friends for months on the meat.

Now, all trophy hunting is not illegal in CA, just trophy hunting of certain kinds. So the guy did some trophy hunting where that particular kind was legal. BFD. I might think less of him as a person, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think he can’t do his job.

Probably not, however, everyone who has posted in this thread thus far doesn’t seem to have a problem with the guy who shot the cougar other than it was an idiotic PR move.

Pretty much.

That’s the problem; Sandusky was dyslexic. He thought the college teams were called “Nut tiny Loins” :stuck_out_tongue:

Your age and frailty are not going to protect you when the Joke Police find you…