The Daily Show 4/20... one of the best ever

What could help Fox’s numbers? I think they probably reached market saturation a long time ago.

Canadian link for the Canucks on the board.

Watching John O’Hara kept giving me flashbacks to David Duke. A good looking, well-dressed, articulate advocate that is embarrassed that his movement is driven by retards and is trying to spin it as reasonable.

Was David Duke ever embarrassed?

Very much enjoyed the show. But I thought that O’Hara came across as awfully intelligent - especially given his relative youth.

Would be interested in seeing what studies he cites as only 58% of teabaggers being Repubs.

At first I thought Fox made a mistake by engaging JS. But I realized that Fox and TDS appealed to constituencies that thought extremely differently, and were both extremely resistant to change. So this might well be a situation where both sides win. I suspect, however, that as David to Fox’s Goliath, TDS would get a tad more of a bump.

Nope – more like:

A: You’re an idiot!
B: No, you’re an idiot (roll clips of A retrieving stuck toast from a plugged-in toaster with a butter knife and then spreading petroleum jelly on it before eating it).
A: (sputter) You’re an idiot!

I agree with the OP and as for folks trying to state the Jon Stewart isn’t factual enough, I don’t get it - he makes statements and backs them up with non-spin-edited clips for proof, whereas Goldberg just said that Stewart was slobbering over Frank Rich - but didn’t show proof (and it would be interesting to hear Goldberg’s comments about Stewart’s reply - the fact that Stewart has “softball” interviews with Conservatives at least as much as Liberals - it all depends on whether he respects the person even if he disagrees with them, like William Kristal or John McCain and unlike Jim Cramer).

Anyway - I just want to share my Stew-Beef love anecdote: some media watchers were commenting on Conan’s move to TBS and the 11pm time slot - on one hand they discussed how the two shows serve two different purposes, but that both CoCo and Stew-Beef (I wonder if Tracy Morgan’s nickname will stick?) appealed to the same demographic. One guy said if so, that would be problem for Conan, because they like Conan but they’d take a bullet for Stewart.

Didn’t Stew-Beef use the nick himself the other day?

I think so. That’s the impression I got. Not embarrassed about his racist views, but embarrassed by the three retarded rednecks who were the public face of the KKK at the time.

Yeah - he definitely used it during the lead-up to the gospel choir. By the way, the main Gospel dude - he did a great job with his role AND with not busting up laughing - although he looked like he was going to lose it the entire time…

I totally agree with the OP–this was one of the best TDS episodes in a while. I just wish that the people who watch Fox News would actually watch TDS (not just that episode, but all the ones where Jon shows how full of crap Fox is) and learn something. Alas, I doubt it will happen.

One person doesn’t get to decide what a political movement really stands for, and yet that is exactly what he did with his book. Getting called out on it is fair.

When Stewart showed FOX generalizing hypocrisy in the 2nd ‘go fuck yourself’ episode a few of the O’Reilly clips seemed to be him simply reading emails from fans, thats disingenuous.

While there was no O’Reilly clip of him generalizing on the 4/20 show, the clips of O’Reilly generalizing on the 4/15 show were him reading a commentary that he does every show. You can see it for yourself, since the caption at the bottom center of the screen says “Talking Points Commentary.” When O’Reilly reads an email from a viewer, the text of the email itself (including the full or abbreviated name of the emailer) is on the screen from the time he starts reading it until he finishes. There was nothing disingenuous about the O’Reilly clips used by The Daily Show.

Oh, ignorance fought.