The Doors documentary/music video?

I saw a great video on The Doors sometime in the '90s. It had original ‘music videos’ (or whatever they were called in the '60s) that included Unknown Soldier, with Jim Morrison being tied to a post and shot by firing squad, and another one (Wild Child?) that featured the Kwakuitl-dressed-as-a-bird-on-the-bow-of-a-canoe scene from Edward S. Curtis’s 1914 film In The Land Of The Head Hunters (aka In The Land Of The War Canoes). It also had new music videos made my contemporary artists. I think the music was original on those.

What was the title of this video?

Back in the 90’s I had a Laser Disc called “The Doors Collection” which had three features plus over an hour of “Special Features”

They were Live at the Hollywood Bowl, The Soft Parade, and Dance on Fire.

The Dance on Fire feature was pretty much just their music videos and both The Unknown Soldier and *Wild Child *are included.

I don’t recall any music from any other bands on it, but it has been years since I watched it.

This is a write up about it.

That’s it!

There was no music from other bands on it, but contemporary musicians appeared in videos on it, integrated into the other footage. I remember thinking at the time how nicely the integration was done.

Speaking of Doors documentaries, When You’re Strange was a good movie.

I take it that everyone has read Danny Sugarman’s book. I think it’s caled **Break on Through to the Other Side."

I went to Morrison’s grave in Paris. It used to be junked up a lot with lipstick, inscriptions, etc. It’s been cleaned up now and a discreet guard is on duty at a distance.

I’m guessing the Danny Sugarman book you mean is Wonderland Avenue. I loved it back when it came out in 1991, but haven’t read it since…

blurb:

At the age of thirteen, Danny Sugerman- the already wayward product of Beverley Hills wealth and privilege- went to his first Doors concert. He never looked back. He became Jim Morrison’s protege and- still in his teens- manager of the Doors and then Iggy Pop.

He also plunged gleefully into the glamorous underworld of the rock ‘n’ roll scene, diving headfirst into booze, sex and drugs: every conceivable kind of drug, ever day, in every possible permutation. By the age of twenty-one he had an idyllic home, a beautiful girlfriend, the best car in the world, two kinds of hepatitis, a diseased heart, a $500 a day heroin habit and only a week to live. He lived.

This is his tale. Excessive, scandalous, comic, cautionary and horrifying, it chronicles the 60s dream gone to rot and the early life of a Hollywood Wild Child who was just brilliant at being bad.