The Durham indictments prosecuting fake Trump 'collusion'

This charge will be quietly dropped or dismissed before a trial ever occurs. Here are some of Baker’s under oath statements about his conversation with Sussman.

Q. Okay. So when Mr. Sussman came to you to provide some evidence, you were not specifically aware that he was representing the DNC or the Hillary Clinton campaign at the time?

A. I don’t recall, I don’t recall him specifically saying that at the time.

Meadows: But you said you were friends with him, right?

Baker: Yes, sir.

Meadows: So, I mean, you knew what his career was.

Baker: Generally speaking.

Meadows: And you knew, generally speaking, that he had some involvement with the DNC.

Baker: Yes.

Baker: [I]n that first interaction, I don’t remember him specifically saying that he was acting on behalf of a particular client.

Jordan: Did you know at the time that he was representing the DNC in the Clinton campaign?

Baker: I can’t remember. I have learned that at some point. I don’t—as I think I said last time, I don’t specifically remember when I learned that. So I don’t know that I had that in my head when he showed up in my office. I just can’t remember.

Jordan: Did you learn that shortly thereafter if you didn’t know it at the time?

Baker: I wish I could give you a better answer. I just don’t remember.

What is the “it” in this sentence?

The manufactured outrage, I guess.

They don’t know, but when they find it, then they’ll find out!

The Watergate Hotel has 336 rooms and suites.

That’s pretty big, but there certainly are larger.

As I understand the accusations, Hillary’s campaign had their lawyers hatch a plan in which a false Russia collusion narrative against Trump was ginned up in part by presenting known false information to the FBI, pretending it came from a ‘concerned citizen’ instead of a political campaign, and this was used to start an investigtion. The investigation was then leaked to the press which ran with it.

In addition, the law firm then hired Fusion GPS to find dirt on Trump, and they went to Christopher Steele who came up with a ‘dossier’ which appears to have contained actual Russian disinformation which almost all turned out to be fake. This dossier was then leaked to the press, which also ran with it.

On the strength of this fake information manufactured by thr Clinton campaign, A number of investigations were launched, Robert Mueller was appointed special prosecutor, and Trump,was lept under suspicion for most of his term as President. All initiated by Hillary Clinton.

That’s the underlying claim, anyway. That the country wasted years and a President was hobbled by disinformation cooked up by an opposing campaign and repeated credulously by a press that hated Trump and didn’t bother to question the story very carefully.

Where the crimes are in there depends on the specific actions by specific people. That’s what special prosecutors are for.

I’m not sure how much of it turned out to be fake, but you’re glossing over the fact that conservatives, not Democrats, started this process.

In October 2015, Fusion GPS was contracted by conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon to provide general opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates. Separately, in April 2016, an attorney for Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump, while the Free Beacon stopped its backing in May 2016.[7] In June 2016, Fusion GPS subcontracted Steele’s firm to compile the dossier. DNC officials denied knowing their attorney had contracted with Fusion GPS, and Steele asserted he was not aware the Clinton campaign was the recipient of his research until months after he contracted with Fusion GPS.[19][20] Following Trump’s election as president, funding from Clinton and the DNC ceased, but Steele continued his research and was reportedly paid directly by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn R. Simpson.[21] While compiling the dossier, Steele passed some of his findings to both British and American intelligence services.[22][23]

I think I see the problem here. You are basing it on your understanding, rather than actually trying to find out the information that would show that your understanding is pretty uninformed and blatantly wrong.

No, I’m not. John McCain was also involved in early efforts. So what? Most of Washington hated Trump - especially the old power brokers like McCain. But they aren’t the subject of the investigation and didn’t do any of the things called out by Durham, at least so far as we’ve seen. Maybe some of them will be implicated as well. I have no idea.

They had 5 years to find and charge this stuff. They didn’t. Unless they uncover a murder or certain sexual offenses, they can’t charge anything that happened more than five years ago.

So either they got nothing or they were too stupid to find it.

Implicated in what? I’m not seeing any allegations of wrongdoing here. Except, perhaps, one guy making a non-material misstatement to the FBI (which is disputed)

Does Durham have a time machine? Most -if not all- of these alleged crimes all happened more than 5 years ago. What criminal codes were violated?

Although I’m skeptical that this person told any material to the FBI and I think lying to the FBI should be a crime, isn’t the prevailing view on the right that it isn’t a crime unless underlying crimes are uncovered and charged?

Durham wasn’t even appointed until 2018. His timeline so far is close to Mueller’s at the same pount. Special prosecutors seem to take their time.

But no use speculating. We’ll find out soon enough of there is anything there.

I know you’re not a US citizen, but the statute of limitation countdown fir US federal crimes starts when the offense is committed, not when the special prosecutor is appointed.

They shouldn’t have waited 2 years to start the breathless desperate search for crimes. Of course, since it’s all for show, they probably like having an excuse not to charge the crimes they can’t find.

That’s what I said. I didn’t bring up the Republicans because they aren’t relevant to this current indictment. All I meant is maybe more indictments will be coming down. Or maybe not. Maybe all this will fizzle out. All we have to go on is what’s been made public so far. Maybe Durham is sitting on a mountain of other stuff, or maybe this is all he’s got. I have no idea. But the story isn’t over yet.

As to the potential charges - that too depends on what actually happened. I would think presenting false or manufactured evidence to the FBI probably violates some statute, but I’m not a lawyer.

One thing this might do is open up a defamation case for Trump. Public figures have a hell of a time with defamation because you have to prove actual malice and intent to harm before you can be sued for defaming a public person. If the evidence in this case goes to intent, it could possibly give room for Trump to sue the Hillary campaign or Perkins-Coie or other people involved.

Also, the Tech Executuve is said to have accessed ‘non-public data’ at several internet companies to find dirt on Trump. Depending on what the data was and where he accessed it, that could be illegal as well. For instance, if he accessed Trump medical, legal, or tax records that are protected.

But all we have so far is what’s in this specific indictment. We have no idea where else Durham may be going.

Isn’t that exactly what you are doing with these accusations?

He’s not going anywhere with anything that happened before Oct 1st 2016 unless he has a time machine.

You may not like it, but it’s the law.

Clearly some people can’t let go of the “Hillary Clinton is Satan” narrative. Sheesh.

Imagine if she had won.
(See magas, it’s OK to admit reality when your candidate loses! It didn’t hurt a bit to state that!)

What if he uncovers the underground pedophilia sex ring?