The Fantastic Mr. Fox (movie) Appreciation Thread

I’ll agree with everyones “weird…but interesting” thought. When I first watched it I was about 3/4 of the way through before someone came over and finished the movie with me. Her first thought of it was “Not bad…cool looking…kinda weird…but not bad”.

I think my issue wasn’t so much with the plot, which was fine if a little understated, but the presentation. Everyone except Fox and the farmers did their best to deaden their voices as much as possible, taking all inflection out or putting in unusual inflection, and scenes were constructed so as to hint to me that ‘this is supposed to be humorous’ either in a goofy or deadpan way, but there was no joke there. I love deadpan humor, but I got the distinct feeling something was being communicated that I wasn’t getting.

I suppose this is the kind of movie that gets labeled ‘quirky’. I don’t really get quirky movies very well.

Great movie.

Clooney’s timing and delivery as Mr. Fox reminds me of his character, Everett in the Coen brothers’, O’ Brother Where Art Thou? He should do more comedy films.

When they were driven underground I half expected Mr. Fox to exclaim “Damn, we’re in a tight spot!”

I caught it recently on HBO & I cussing liked it.

I’m with left Hand Of Dorkness here.

And when you compare it to a movie like "Coraline’ it’s like the ogdamn special olympics of stopmotion.