Object of the game:
Give the most popular answer for each category.
- No reading the thread before answering. This is on the honor system.
- Formatting rules must be followed (see below).
- Joke answers will not be considered, as it is not fair to other players.
- Google (etc.) is allowed, if you desire.
- The game will end with 50 entrants, or when I get time to score it.
- There is no Rule 6.
- Special Rules for this particular Feud: None
To make semi-automated scoring possible, and my job easier, make your post look exactly like this:
No double spacing, do not use the “list” function, no smilies, no urls, no periods, no quote marks, and no punctuation if it is not necessary. Put “pass” if you want to leave an answer blank. If you feel you must qualify your answer, do it AFTER THE LIST! If you don’t format like this, your answers might be DISQUALIFIED.
With 50 entrants, an answer with a match is worth 2x the number of people matching it. If 4 people match, they each get 8 points for that answer. No matches = 0 points. Formula: Score = 100 / (# of entrants) x (# of matches) Anyone who responds to a question with two answers will only have the first one counted as their answer.
If any of you have ideas for Feuds -and would like me to score them- PM me. If anyone wants to run their own Feud, feel free. I will help any way I can.
Read the rules!
Special Rules for this particular Feud: None
Since we’re nearing that time of year…
- Other than Citizen Kane, name a film that should have won the ‘Best Picture’ Oscar but didn’t
- Other than the film that beat ‘Citizen Kane’ (FTR: ‘How Green Was My Valley’), name a film that won Best Picture but shouldn’t have
- Name a ‘Best Picture’ winner that actually was the best picture of the year
- Name an Oscar winner whose award was essentially a career achievement/consolation prize (basically, “Your work in this film wasn’t really the year’s best, but we passed you over on earlier occassions when you were Oscar worthy and we don’t want you to join Richard Burton and Alfred Hitchcock on the ‘How the hell did they never win an Oscar?’ list”)
- Name someone who wore a memorable outfit to the Oscar ceremony
- Name someone who made a cringe-worthy speech at the Oscar ceremony
- You’re an actor/actress who wants to win an Oscar. What kind of role should you take?
- When participating in an Oscar pool, name the easiest category to predict a winner in
- Name the hardest category to predict correctly
- Name a person named Oscar.