The food pyramid

JohnClay;

I don’t know where the hell you’re getting your information, and I hope to God you’ve not spent too much money on books that are fucking wrong. I’ll have you know that Purina Inc. has invested enormous sums of money researching proper nutrition and their dog chow is the absolute finest to be found. It tastes great, is good for you and always comes out in nice solid chunks, the way we like it, right? Alpo is another meal idea that deserves a second shot now that they quit using so much 'possum.

When I say garbage, I mean garbage; day-old fish heads, litter box scoopings, aluminum foil and the like. Sure, it tastes great but it’s not exactly healthy for you, and then it’s the embarrassing slurping sounds you make when you clean up your asshole. My favorite is behind Mexican restaurants before the violin string makers come along.

Carrion - more than just something to roll in.

I hope this clarifies my opinion on the food pyramid … and it’s not a pyramid, it’s a triangle you moron.

– Your best friend
watchwolf

PS: When they realized the bitch that whelped you was fucking coyotes, they cut your balls off … that’s why you have belly fat.

That’s really the telling statement here.

What qualifies you to say that you’re healthy or not? Most diet-related issues are either very acute, like vitamin deficiencies, or things that take decades to mess you up to the point where you start having symptoms (diabetes).

Just because you’ve gone on some oddball diet now, it doesn’t necessarily follow that it’s healthy to keep up indefinitely.

The USDA does its best I’m sure to recommend a diet that’s healthy for the general population. And what they’re trying to say with the food pyramid is that you should try to limit your fat, meat and sugar intake, and replace it with plant-based foods.

And it’s not a “pyramid” exactly. More of a two-tier structure, IMO. They recommend a total of 5-9 vegetable/fruit servings a day, and 6-11 carb servings a day, which is pretty similar, and the same follows for dairy/meat, with 4-6 servings total between the categories. So they’re ultimately saying “Eat more plants than meat/dairy, roughly to the tune of 3:1, and you’ll be healthier.”

They “pyramid” is a clever visualization technique, but it gives the impression of a much wider base of carbs than is really the case.

i read a serious article advocating the “delicious” diet. The theory is that your body knows what you need, and eating what tastes delicious in amounts suitable to feel satisfied is generally healthy.

I do it because I realized I had spent half the waking hours of half my life focused on food–what I had eaten and what I was planning to eat, past diets and planned future diets. Total stress.

I now think about food when I am hungry. Period. If I had planned a nice, healthy meal and I suddenly want cookies, I eat the cookies.

I don’t pass judgment on other people, nor do I want to discuss food and diets with them.

[Moderating]
JohnClay, you’ve already got one Pit thread about your tedious diet bullshit.

Do not start any others while that one is still active.

This thread is closed.
[/Moderating]