The Geometry Wars Thread

Ever since I saw this game I thought it was a great blast from the past type game.

I got it for my laptop, and while the set up wasn’t ideal, It was amazing.

I got enough money to get a 360 in October last year. Picked up XBLA unplugged at the same time. The achievements were amazing, the Leaderboard had impossible numbers.

I download the sequel. The deadline game sells me.

King then wins me over.

**What do you love about the game, and what would you like to see in the 3 installment? **

The game needs to be able to have accounting. That is, I would like to know what enemy ship type does me in, each and every time. I would like to know how many of each type I take out as well. Ranking can come from this, and teams can form based on what ship type you are best at shooting, and what type you aren’t Specialization.

Then again, Wi-fi Multiplayer also needs to be put in.

Level editor, enemy ship population controls, sound tracks and grid selection as well.

I looooove Geometry Wars 2. Never played the first one.

I honestly can’t think of much to add to it though. I probably wouldn’t use any of the customization or tracking you suggest above - I love it in no small part because I don’t have to fiddle with it. The only choice I make before getting going is “which game mode do I want to play?”

Waves was a great addition. So addicting, yet so frustrating.

King of them all, though, is Sequence. I am sooooo close to getting that Smile achievement, I can taste it…

Is that what Smile is ?

I thought it was some Uber arcane easter egg.

Sorry, haven’t been on in a while. Smile is achieved in Sequence by running out of time on stages 2 and 4, and losing on stages 11, 15, 17, 18, and 19, while completing all the others. It makes the sequence board look something like this:

.o.o.
x...x
.xxx.

Hence the name of the achievement.

edited to add: here’s a good video of someone getting it: Smile