The good and the bad of Sid Meier's Civilization series

There’s a Civilization 6 sale going on now and I’m going to take the leap. Was curious if anyone had any opinions of if the Platinum Edition is worth the extra money?

On Steam you can get the base edition for $15. The Platinum bundle for $40, both big discounts on retail.

I’m leaning towards the cheaper base option simply because I’m a) not very good at the game and b) I’m honestly unlikely to play the game often enough to make the most of the expansion campaigns and civilizations. If history is any guide I’ll probably play the game 5 or 6 times in the next year at most…I just don’t have the time or energy to invest 5+ hours on a game on a regular basis. But, I can afford the extra $25 without trouble and if the big expansion packs fix any major problems with the game it might be worth it to me.

Any suggestions?

sometimes the platinum version has all the fixes like 4 had a much-improved version called "beyond the sword "included with its final version (i think it was a separate download originally )

in fact, some civ fans used to joke "don’t like something? give it a couple of years and it will be changed )
get the 15 for practice and wait till Xmas when you can get the plat version for 19.99 or less

One thing i don’t care for in this cycle is they charged for each extra civ …and the map creator for the custom games needs work … (no island continents …i like everyone having their own Greenland or Australia…) on and the district thing should be optional if possible)

Too bad you dont have an epic account … they gave it away free about 5 months ago…

I’d get the Platinum Edition, which includes some important repairs and more civilizations. You will find some civilizations in all editions to be totally unplayable to your style, so you wanna get a lot of them.

If you can afford $40, go for that.