The Hall of the Presidents (Disneyworld)

This thing really creps me out-it is like you are looking at live people? Anyway, have automaton technologies advanced much since this exhibit was put in? I’d be interested in knowing if a real simlacrum of say, GW bush would be indistinguishable from the real man. Anybody been to the HOTP lately?

It’s not indistinguishable, but it is very good. Yeah, it’s models, but they are good models. It’s not creepy at all. In fact, it’s very cool.

One of my favorite attractions - next to Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, the Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World and Toy Story Midway Mania. We go every year. It was closed this time because they were adding obama.

I don’t know about since it was put in, but the origin of this exhibit was with a Lincoln robot at the Illinois pavilion at the 1965-65 Worlds Fair, in New York. It sure improved since then, at least the last time I saw it about 10 years ago.

I like the tapdancing FDR.

I went a few years ago. George W. Bush got a long speech, presumably because he was the current president. I found this rather maddening. You have Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt, etc. on hand, and you let Dubya give the speech?

I think I would enjoy it more now that Obama is President.

I made a mistake when I brought my kids last year and told them to watch carefully for the part where Teddy and McKinley high five. When it finished my daughter was disappointed and then not happy at all with me. Who’d have thought she’d pick that time to believe something I say.

If you look carefully, you will see that Chester A. Arthur is naked from the waist down. Just as he was during his administration.

That’s the type of verisimilitude I appreciate from Disney.