The handwritten capital "G"

How did this form of “G” come about? It doesn’t look like any p;rinted “G” I ever saw…

What do you mean? I write capital G’s that look like the printed G and so does everyone else I know.

I think he means the cursive one, the one that looks like a cursive S but has a back-horn type thing to it.

You know what I’m talkin’ about, I know you do.

You know what? Its been so long since i’ve written in cursive I don’t even know what it looks like…

Cursive G vs. S is nothing - it’s the capital Q vs. Z that kick my ass

Oh, great. I know how this came about but it’s too hard to explain without visual aid.

(Now I’ll have to draw…)

Very confusing, that z thing still gets me everytime, I forget which way to put the thingy that goes under the line, I mean, you know its hard to 'splain

Ah I am never able to do a cursive T or F because they always look the same. I also never do the cursive Q or Z, wow I agree what were they thinking when they came up with that.

Does anyone else think that cursive is a good word for this style of handwriting? :wink:

Here’s a handy chart and, look, you can even print it out if you’d like to practice!

I can deal with the capital “T,” “G,” and even “Z,” but the “Q” has never made a lick of sense to me either.

I don’t think I’ve ever used a cursive capital letter. I always use block capitals and cursive in the lowercase. I forgot how the cursive “Q” looked. Why did they make it look like a “2”?

F: I have my own unique style of writing this letter in cursive. By itself you probably couldn’t tell what letter it is, but in the context of the whole word it’s easy to figger out.

G: It’s my middle initial, which is just about the only time I’ve ever had to write it capitalized. And when I do, I scribble it so oddly that it ends up looking like a huge ampersand or a trebble clef. Again it looks just fine when you see the whole word.

Q: I write it almost like it appears in the linked page above, but I start out near the bottom of the line so that, by the time I’ve looped around & done the curly-Q part, the O-part is fully enclosed. That way it actually looks like a Q.

T: I just write a slanty regular non-cursive T. It looks okay because the rest of the word is cursive.

Z: I write it extra large & fancy, but non-cursive style. For added flair, I draw a little squiggly line through the middle like some people do with their 7s.