The History Channel has run out of ideas

I love watching “Modern Marvels” on the History Channel, as they always talk about cool stuff like the Empire State Building, or the Chunnel, or the history of garbage. But lately I think they’ve run out of ideas. I watched the show a couple weeks ago, and they were talking about the history of…THE WHEEL??

Eh? How “modern” is THAT invention?

What are they going to do next? Fire? Spears?

Don’t get me started. I go into conniptions every time they rerun the Modern Marvel episode “The Bunker.” Hello? A hole in the ground to hide from projectiles is neither modern nor marvelous.

I also have a hard time with the Battleships MM because of a program I saw – on the History Channel no less – indicating that Battleships were totally useless in modern warefare. Modern yes, Marvelous no.

As long as Hitler is alive, the History channel will always have fresh ideas!:smiley:

I like watching Automobiles on Saturday morning. But like all the other series it seems like they do 10 episodes, quit, then repackage and rerun them to death.

The Modern Marvels about old stuff is called Modern Marvels Then and Now.

In the morning I switch between the history channel and A & E classroom. A&E always shows an old propaganda flick from the 60s or 70s just before 8:00. Those are always a hoot.

mack writes:

> A&E always shows an old propaganda flick from the 60s or 70s
> just before 8:00.

What kind of propaganda movies did they make in the '60’s and '70’s?

Remember, kids: the big H stands for Hitler!

It’s a good thing there isn’t a Poland Channel. Otherwise, we’d all be in trouble.

They have 5-10 minute ‘informational’ movies about nuclear fallout, Johnny at the science fair, “Focus on Vietnam”, the miracle of building a nuclear-powered outpost in the arctic, those sorts of things. More naive than propagandistic I suppose.

The kind of short films you’d see on MST3K.

Wasn’t that more 50’s ish, Guin? “A date with your parents”, “posture king and queen”, and the ever soooooo scary “Mr. B Natural” spring to mind.