The Hunter Biden Investigation {This thread started September 2019, bumped after 3 years dormant}

From what I have seen of John Solomon’s work, there didn’t seem to be any “there there” with the Biden accusations.

And, realistically, nor would there be given that he was working (probably through Rudy Giuliani) with people in Ukraine. If there was any coordination between Joe Biden and Hunter…they would have done that here in the US, not in Ukraine. :smack:

Records from the White House would be of more use to the subject than anything whatsoever from Ukraine. And, given that the White House hasn’t released any transcripts of conversations between Joe and others about Ukraine, from when he was VP, one suspects that the transcripts paint a portrait of the Secretary of State and/or the Ambassador to Ukraine coming to Biden, explaining the issue, and asking him to move against Shokin. The conversation was begun and lead by parties completely unrelated to Hunter, and Biden simply acted as directed, trusting the people who were experts on the subject.

If the transcripts could be used against Biden, they would have been released. And that’s really the only source that one could turn to for trying to prove something, rather than simply spin nonsense.

The only other way to show Joe Biden to be guilty would be to find private messages on non-governmental systems between him and his son. To get that, you would need a warrant, which would in turn need to be based on eye witness evidence that such messages existed. That Joe would show such messages to a person who would be liable to rat him out - if he was even guilty - is miniscule. If Biden is guilty, we will never know through that path, short of a miracle.

I know of no particular evidence nor reason to believe that Biden is a corrupt politician or would do something of this nature. There is no general pattern of suspicious behavior in his past (other than being a lil’ handsy).

But, should anyone wish to present evidence that they believe leads to a reasonable suspicion of Joe Biden, feel free to present it here to be reviewed.

There is no there there.

John_Stamos’_Left_Ear gave an excellent summary of the circumstances in the Impeachment Inquiry thread that lays out the facts precisely.

Anything else is just smear.

The end.

All the reputable reporting I’ve seen suggests this is a non-issue. But suppose for a moment Hunter Biden did do something wrong — it’s possible Joe Biden kept a firewall between the duties and the oath he took as Vice President of the United States and the private business matters of his family.

When you have evidence for that, come right on back. Otherwise, you’re just perpetuating the smear.

The problem with being the son of the Vice President is that there is not a whole lot you can do that cannot be potentially influenced by your father.

Whether he just sat on the board for his name, or if he actually contributed is a good question, but it is a question that the company should be asking its HR department, it’s not a legal question.

That said, sure, if you are in a position to give or undue receive influence from the US govt, then you are in a position that deserves a bit extra scrutiny, and I have no problem with some level of investigation to ensure that everything was on the up and up.

The timeline and the facts don’t really add up to show that there was any there, there, and I have yet to see anything other than vague insinuation and accusations with out any basis about it.

Should more come out, then sure, lets investigate and make sure that our elected and public officials are not using the US govt to enrich themselves. But given what we currently know, I don’t see this having any traction.

I’ve been waiting for Trump or some Republican to jump onto the lawsuit from a Batesville, Arkansas womanwho claims that Hunter Biden fathered a child on her.

The more I read about Hunter Biden, the more I don’t like him. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as the Trump boys in some ways - drug use, affairs, privileged career, etc.

But here’s the thing: just because I think someone is a douche doesn’t constitute evidence they have done something illegal. It’s clear to me that the reason Trump and Rudy want him investigated is to damage Biden’s presidential run, egged on by the Putin/Manafort den of snakes who peddle conspiracy theories.

But if Trump wants to use the government to investigate the offspring of politicians for political advantage in the absence of specific allegations of wrongdoing, it seems the country has two choices:

1. Get rid of Trump and put an end to this shit; or
  2. Jared, Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric better have attorneys more skilled than Rudy, because they will need them.

Reputable reporting can be lazy on topics that they don’t want to prove.

But disreputable reporting and rightist reputable reporting haven’t come up with anything that I have seen, either.

It is, indeed, possible.

It’s even possible that he didn’t know that his son was a member of a Ukranian company and didn’t know that the company was under investigation. And, likewise, it’s possible that Hunter didn’t know the company was under investigation and was pissed off to discover that this hadn’t been communicated to him at any point previous to joining the board nor during his father’s period of interacting with Ukraine.

My suspicion is that if you could track down every email and message ever sent to or from Joe and Hunter Biden, it would show that one or both of them was completely unaware of the bias potential of the situation.

But, of course, people can also speak to one another face-to-face so even that would never be 100% conclusive.

There is the potentiality that both of them are guilty. But, as said, the evidence wouldn’t be in Ukraine and the people who would be most likely to hold the evidence and who have a motive to release it, have not done so. It’s unlikely that it exists.

Unless there was another woman lying on top, it should be noted that child making is done in people, not on them.

No, it’s not reasonable to think Joe didn’t know Hunter was on that board. IIRC, there was criticism of Hunter’s decision at the time.

But when no one can even articulate what wrong has been committed here, it’s just so bizarre.

Confirmed.

That hypothesis is nixed.

I have trouble taking this seriously. I’ve been to Batesville, Arkansas and I have trouble believing anyone would stop there long enough to even meet a woman, much less father a child and have a 'secret wedding" with her.

Yes, if we suppose that Hunter Biden did something unethical than he would have done something unethical. If we suppose that Pence slept with Melania while Trump was out golfing than Pence would be a philanderer.

In a facebook group I am in, an individual who is supposed to be intelligent is trying to argue that Trump is innocent because

a) Trump won the election fair and square, and so what if he did not get as many votes?
b) Democrats want illegals to vote for them, and so oppose voter ID laws
c) Hunter Biden was paid a lot, and was not qualified.

In his mind, these three points are absolutely incontestable, and therefore prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump is completely innocent and this is a witchhunt.

This is the kind of thought process we’re dealing with here.

Hell, I live in Arkansas and have never been to Batesville, and rarely hear of it.

I believe it is a polite phrase, so that one does not have to say, “He fucked her and she became pregnant”.

Great, a gender-flipped Ilhan Omar thread. :rolleyes:

If you’re aware of any way in which the gender matters, in terms of guilt, evidence, or importance, go for it.

Otherwise, Tomndebb wanted people to go elsewhere to discuss the topic. (I was not discussing it.) I created this as a location for such discussion to occur, so that people wouldn’t be interrupting the other thread.

Often synonymous with board membership. Henry Kissinger was on the board of the fraudulent company Theranos, was paid a lot, and was definitely not qualified. Which was one of the reasons he got picked, no doubt. Yet he doesn’t seem to have committed any crime.
Anyone know how many boards Hunter Biden was on? If you have a name, it is a way of getting money for almost nothing.

So you’re telling me Hunter also fucked his brother?