the "Japanese Pyramids"

Ladies and gentlemen, the “Japanese Pyramids”:

http://home.interpath.com/aztlan/brainrape/html/japanese_pyramids.html (or go to your favorite search engine and type in “japanese pyramids”.)

I would like to know what people think of this discovery, and what it may mean in the context of world history.

Well, I’m no geologist, but the sketch and the photos at that page look like joint bounded blocks of basalt, similar to the Giant’s Causeway of Great Britain. I didn’t find it on that site, but what makes them think it is artificial?

I had heard of this before. There was a special on TLC or Discovery about ancient archaeology and this site was mentioned, and they had some video. The main problem with the show was that it was hosted by (and based on the works of Graham Hancock). The main thrust of the show was that many cultures have a link to something that occured 10,500 BCE. He sites astronomical alignments at the pyramids in Egypt and the site of Angkor Wat as representing this date. Hancock tried to place this site in same context, but there had been no archaelogy done at the site at that time, and I don’t think anyone has studied it yet. I don’t know what it is, but it does need to be looked at.

On the other hand it may just be Atlantis :slight_smile:

Can’t be Atlantis, adam. In the Pacific it has to be Mu. Or possibly R’lyeh. Do the angles of those cyclopean ruins look non-euclidean to you?

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason.”

Non-euclidean angles? You mean parallel lines that meet at infinity?

I loved this little disclaimer that shows up on every photo page:

Gee! Photos! Where’d they come from? Can’t tell ya. Who took them? Can’t tell ya. *Who’s are they?[/] Can’t tell ya.

But there is a conspiracy of silence surrounding this great find!
You’re the one that’s not talking.

Tom~

It doesn’t seem that University of the Ryukyus has an archaeology department, but my Japanese is a little rusty and I may have overlooked something.
http://www.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/

Although the pyramid site did refer to “Ryukyu University” which may be a different institution. I have been unable to find anything about “Ryukyu University.”

This sounds like a future Art Bell program topic to me…

Wow, the pictures showed absolutely nothing. I saw things that looked like steps, but they were really uneven. All in all, I’m inclined to think this is a hoax.

Mu, definitely; R’lyeh would be further south and east than southern Japan. Though there is some clear linguistic connection between R’lyeh and Ryukyu (or Liu Kiu, an older term for the islands).

It was to be expected. Ever since they found Atlantis off the Bimini group, you could anticipate additional anomalous underwater finds.

Now if we find that a legendary Okinawan demigod-ruler was named Ki-Tu-Lu, we’ve got real problems! :wink:

The joints in igneous rock formations often look man-made. I’ll go with DrFidelius’s explanation.