The latest assessment essay gems

True. The “History” Channel, in sufficient quantity, will make you yearn for death, not fear it.

And just last week I happend to research dangling participles by myself.

I wish all the people by JFK hadn’t shot him by his wife. [Fixed!]

I hope you counted off extra for “bcuz”.

Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

• Criswell (Plan 9 from Outer Space)

I wonder how the aquaducts are in this neighbourhood. And obviously the roads go without saying.

[mother to a kid picking the ash off a burnt tortilla]: “Just eat the ash, son. This way you’ll learn not to fear death.”

Need to go farther south to the Yanomami tribe in Brazil

I do think that line would awesome in the right story.

Be sure to include the professor from Düsseldorf in the framing narrative.

Believe me, I did.

Today, we had a paper that included the phrase “and stuff” five times. That lowered the score for sure.

You mean, that lowered the score and stuff?

Like, yeah, that, like, is totally what I meant.

bcuz it wasn’t what u asked 4?

You have to use multiquote to get each quote that you want, trim them to the bit you wanted, move the first part of each quote tag (the part that has [noparse]

[quote=<username>;<post number>]
[/noparse]) to the front of the quotes in the correct order so that the wrong name doesn’t get associated with the wrong text and then make sure you have enough close quotes at the end. Preview really helps. It used to automatically grab the nested quote but we decided this would be easier.

Luxury! Luxury! I walked to school through burning ashes of tortillas (all together now, folks) uphill both ways! :slight_smile:

In the snow! Uphill! Both ways! And we were thankful!

“Pardon me?!”
“What?”
“Did you say “utes””?

“Oh, excuse me your honor … you-the-zzzzzzz! Two you-the-zzz”.

One of my favorite movie moments.

New one from the other day:

My little dog pooped all over the house, but he never pooped on my heart.

Hey, that’s a pretty good zuegma. I’d give him points.

Any more?

Not right now, but there are three readings next week.

Rather sweet, even if I wouldn’t choose it for an essay.

I had to look it up:

zeugma: *the use of a word to modify or govern two or more words when it is appropriate to only one of them or is appropriate to each but in a different way, as in to wage war and peace or On his fishing trip, he caught three trout and a cold. *

Ignorance fought!

Anyone who uses zeugmas is barking mad and up the wrong tree.