The Latest Jesus Sighting is in a Pittsburgh Bathroom

or wear… ugh.

Well, there’s good news, bad news on this one. Which is which really depends on your perspective I guess.

Good news/bad news 1: It’s on Ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6186339869&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Good news/bad news 2: It’s entirely a hoax. Swing down to the question and answer section.

I think he wore a yarmulke.

He did? But in all the pictures of him I’ve seen there’s never a yarmulke. Why would that be? :confused:

Whoooooosh

I should have put the wink smilie in, Dio. Or added something about where I see all those pictures of Jesus, with the implication that such places wouldn’t be too interested in emphasizing Jesus’ Jewishness.

Whoooooooosh yourself. :wink:

Not one of those big, black fedoras? Too bad.

Not seeing any Q/A combo that indicates it’s a hoax, but lots of them indicating that it’s really genuinely truly a piece of this guy’s bathroom wall that he’s really genuinely truly selling - although what people believe it looks like he’s leaving up to them.

It does appear that he has a good sense of humor about. His answers are pretty goofy and amiable. He obviously doesn’t take it all seriously and just sees it as a fortutitous bit of happenstance that he might be able to make a buck from.

Great set of Q&A.

Is it just me or is his humour suspiciously Doperesque? References to hamsters and all that?

It’s just me, I know.

Shower Jesus sounds an awful lot like Pope-on-a-Rope…Some kind if nifty shower accessory.

“Honey, where’s my Shower Jesus, I’m off to choir practice and I want to bathe in some Savior before I go?”

People see what they want to see, but here is the real story on the salt stain by the underpass.

I think he would look great in a porkpie hat worn at a jaunty angle.

Where does it say that it’s entirely a hoax?

I keep thinking that there must be some way I can cash in on this absurd religiosity. Or maybe I’m just trying to justify setting up a website at www.stuffthatlookslikejesus.com.

Sorry. I didn’t mean hoax as in “he put it on there himself” or “it doesn’t even exist” but more like you guys have said. It is what it is and if people see Jesus and want to pay him, that’s fine by him.
This story hit Fark a few days ago and the seller put a quick note on there starting with “greetings all from Farkistan, I am one of you…”

Why this actually made news I have no idea. I can see this guy trying to grab a little fame by making a humorous ebay listing but…did he really call the news reporters for this? I hope someone just saw it on ebay and ended up calling him. Even I wouldn’t go that far for a practical joke.

Or how about that fedora He wore in the Maltese Falcon? Oh, wait, that was Humphrey Bogart. Never mind.

You forgot the followup. It broke when they tried to remove it from the wall.

Surely this is a sign.

Well, whatever it is, I’d rather run into Jesus in the bathroom than, say, George Michael