The Lincoln Project

More of everyone came out to vote in 2020.

Yeah, well pardon me for not giving Republicans a lot of credit for Biden’s victory that they are afraid to publicly acknowledge.

This is pure grift and it makes me very sad that people are so desperate for validation that they can’t see it.

Case in point - Lindsey Grahm.

I thought there where going to be videos of Jeffery Epsteins parties. And it seems odd that it took weeks to raid his private island after they arrested him. And he conveniently commits suicide. Uh, huh.

I think that someone, or ones, has a boatload of videos. And what’s going on with Ghislaine Maxwell?

Yeah, it sounds like I’m a CTer. And I guess I’m about this. But jeeze.

regarding Epstein I recall the line from Henry Hill in Goodfellas “they can kill me in prison easier than on the outside”. because Henry broke the mafia rule by selling drugs. Maxwell is still in jail and has been since July.

Color me shocked.

The Lincoln Project was more about boosting the morale of those opposing Trump, and prompting Trump to say more dumb things, than persuasion. I don’t know how much it helped Biden win, but I don’t have a problem with those two goals.

The Lincoln Project was about a bunch of Republican political operatives having to find themselves a new source of income after their never-Trump statements made their usual client list dry up.

I’m fine with that. They said things that needed to be said. Our only hope if that there will be relatively rational people on both sides of the political divide in this country. Never-Trump Republicans could fill that role.

Right. They said the things in their attack ads that we wished the Democrats would have. Republicans really know how to run an attack ad…

Rick Wilson tweeted the other day that LP’s goal was to personally distract Donald Trump and cause him to make poor campaign-related decisions out of anger and vindictiveness. It probably achieved those goals to at least some extent but, in true Republican fashion, they didn’t neglect to enrich themselves along the way.

For those of you that thought they were just riding the “Dumptrump” coattails, here is news:

The Lincoln Project released a new ad on Thursday criticizing Republican Senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue and endorsing their Democratic opponents in the upcoming U.S. Senate runoff elections in Georgia.

The conservative group, which opposed the re-election of President Donald Trump, highlighted the Republicans’ criticism of Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and accused them of wanting to take away voting rights.

“They’re at it again,” the Lincoln Project tweeted. “Perdue & #KKKelly stand with @realDonaldTrump. We’ve come too far to go back to Jim Crow.”

My impression is that these people actually are ‘conservatives for democracy,’ and not merely grifters, as some have charged.

I guess time will tell. But as you point out, this action against Perdue and Loeffler seems to support the idea that the Lincoln Project people do want the actual grifters out.

Where is this ad being run? All I see is that it has been released.

They can’t continue to raise money from supporters without having a target, now that loser donnie is out.

You keep using that word- “can’t”. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

All the handwringing about motives is, in my opinion, irrelevant, for the same reason they’re irrelevant for any other type of ad. What matters is the messaging.

If they only care about money and find the way to make that money is to be anti-Trump and anti-authoritarian, that’s a good thing! If they’re showing you can be Republican and not be a racist traitor who attempts a coup on our government, I don’t care so much about whether they “truly believe.”

Just like I don’t care if Gillette really was against toxic masculinity, as they still put out a message condemning it. And I don’t care if the owner of Dove really cares about women. It’s good when monetary motivation and moral motivation align.

That said, I did find the one leader’s talk on the Wilmore show to seem authentic, like he really does hate the racism in the Republican Party.

Asking if the ad is being run in the viewer market of the people who are actually able to vote in the election isn’t exactly handwringing.

This is a couple of weeks old but I don’t see it mentioned here:

The Lincoln Project people are on MSNBC all the time. All. The. Time. If you heard them discussing their feelings and insights about the current state of the Republican party, you would not doubt their sincerity in what they are trying to accomplish.

Steve Schmidt is particularly gifted in articulating his views. Rick Wilson is wickedly witty. Susan Del Percio is excellent at expressing her outrage. I have no doubts about their intentions.

They have all said they intend to continue to fight against Trumpism for as long as it takes. I don’t donate to them, but I appreciate their forthright opposition to the corrupt, unethical, un-American and frankly fascist behavior of Republicans at this point in time.

And people like me are supporting. I am in no way ready or willing to give to Left oriented Democrats (meaning like the “Squad”) but happy to fund Linvoln Project generously and centrist Democrats who they are comfortable with. A message to be sent to the neo-Confederates and quisling enablers. May yet change parties like Schmidt although not there yet. But getting close.