The Lion Sleeps Tonight

A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh 
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight

Ok, it’s daylight but the lions are sleeping. :wink:
In trees!

Not sure why but I find these big animals perched in a small tree is hilarious. How they balance on those small limbs is a mystery. One lion is hanging by his two front legs. Even a cat wouldn’t be comfortable in that position.

Awwww! They’re just cute fluffy kitty cats.

With their cute fluffy manes, their cute fluffy tails, their cute fluffy fangs ready to rip your throat out and feed on your carcass in that adorable cute fluffy way…

This is one of those unexpected behaviors that I’d never seen on nature documentaries.

I remember seeing lions under the trees enjoying the shade. But in the trees?

Awesome

The one hanging by his front legs looks like he got that way by accident, as if he fell off a higher branch or something :slight_smile: These are awesome; thanks for sharing.

I had a poster on my wall when I was 12 or so. It had a picture of a lion in a tree and the caption said, “With a little help from my friends.” I assumed it was staged and the humour arose because lions can’t climb trees. (Yeah, not very funny to non-12-year-olds.)

I’m happy to be corrected.

Surely.

I have a picture someplace of my big black fuzzy kitty sitting on the arm of my chair with legs hanging down on each side. Just like that lion. It was not an accident; he sat/slept that way all the time. I bet the lion does too.

The tree goats better watch out for tree lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4EJR1Mtom8

He does rather have a “Whoah! The hell just happened?!” expression .

So much for finding a tree to be safe. :confused:

I’ll see your lions and raise you goats:

Dennis

I have photos of my cats on the oddest places. They are fraction of the weight of a lion so it seems reasonable they can relax on a 3in wide shelf. One can even walk all the way around the dining room table on the backs of the chairs. It’s amazing the places they can walk on. Lions, I assume if the branch is sturdy enough should have the same acrobatic balance as a tiny ( by comparison) house cat.

And I’ll see your trees, and raise you dams.

Those alpha goats must have a limited half-life.

ummm…your link ain’t what you intended.
But this one is, methinks! :

(skip to 0:30, and be amazed!)