The mini-good deeds/good news thread

At workout class this morning someone said “I almost hit a horse on the road, just around the corner from here!” So I boogied out of class, got in my car and went to find it. Sure enough, grazing on a big open mowed area on a VERY busy corner. Managed to catch him without trouble (thank god he wasn’t into playing keepaway, as they so often do) and returned him to his people.

God bless you all :smiley:

This meant a lot to me about the human spirit and good child raising in difficult circumstances. I think you made my night.

Agreed. Goodness all around.

Good deeds: A friend’s friend died after a long battle with cancer. The day afterwards, she called and asked if I could pick up relatives at the Amtrak station in the city and drive them the hour-and-a-half to the funeral. I have minor anxiety issues with long drives, minor anxiety issues with new people, and major anxiety issues with driving into the city. But I did it anyway. Compassion is more powerful than fear. I know that now.

In the ‘good news’ section, last weekend, due to some very odd scheduling, I got to have lunch with my mom and dad and my brother and sister-in-law, along with my two nephews. Both of my nephews are big sci-fi geeks, and the younger of the two (age 7) just finished a ‘young authors’ project for his school, writing a story about trains. At the meal, he sat next to me and started asking me questions about my own writing process, as well as plumbing me for ideas for his ‘next book’. Made me really proud that I’m apparently an inspiration / source for his creativity.