The MLB team with the most future managers?

What major league team had the most future managers on the roster? Was it the 1988 Cleveland Indians, who had Terry Francona, John Farrell, Bud Black, and Ron Washington all playing for Doc Edwards?

The 1951 NY Giants had six: Wes Westrum, Al Dark, Bill Rigney, Whitey Lockman, George Bamberger (appearing in two games), and Eddie Stanky. Leo Durocher was the manager.

Six will likely be tough to beat. The first team I thought of had just 4: the 1985 Mets with Ron Gardenhire, Larry Bowa, Ray Knight, and Clint Hurdle on their roster – plus Billy Beane.

The 1951 Yankees also had four: Yogi Berra, Hank Bauer, Billy Martin, and Ralph Houk. So the World Series that year had eight future managers (Bamberger and Houk were not on the WS rosters).

I used to know this answer, and I want to say it is (or was) a Milwaukee Braves team. Taking a look at the 1960 team (Joe Torre’s debut year and Eddie Haas’ last year) the Braves have the following:

Joe Adcock
Alvin Dark
Joe Torre
Chuck Cottier
Red Schoendienst
Del Crandall
Eddie Haas
Eddie Mathews

The 1956 Brooklyn Dodgers had Gil Hodges, Dick Williams, Don Zimmer and Roger Craig.

The 1981 Yankees also had four: Lou Piniella, Bucky Dent, Johnny Oates and Willie Randolph.

The 1972 Dodgers had the following future managers (Several of whom were, uh, not all that successful):

1. Frank Robinson
  2. Bill Russell
  3. Bobby Valentine
  4. Jim Lefebvre
  5. Maury Wills

One more team I’ve found had 5 for sure, and MAYBE 6, depending on how you look at it.

The 1947 Cleveland Indians had 5 future managers:

Al Lopez
Joe Gordon
Larry Doby
Joe Frazier
Bob Lemon

But they also had Lou Boudreau, who was already a player/manager.

I know, probably doesn’t count.

I don’t see why his being a player manager in '47 should disqualify him. He was also later a bench manager only for the Red Sox from '52 to '54 (those dates approximate)