The most demented movies of all time.

Just watched that with some friends, last night!

“Let’s build a snowman, we can make him our best friend…” ./7

Delicatessen gives Peter Greenaway a run for his money.

Somewhere on the list should be The Hotel New Hampshire.

Big stars, big budget, big hype. Completely sick.

Happiness of the Katakuris, a bizarre Japanese musical, with several extra-bizarre stop-motion animation sequences, and a most un-musical-like storyline.

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventur is pretty demented, too, but in a good way.

El Topo. A quote from the review:

“One might describe El Topo as a sort of surrealistic Zen Western - imagine Luis Bunuel meets Sergio Leone, or maybe the Kung Fu tv series (1972-5) directed by Sam Peckinpah. Jodorowsky himself plays the titular El Topo (Spanish for The Mole), a gunslinger dressed all in black leather who rides through the countryside accompanied by his naked son. The plot consists of El Topo’s attempt to defeat four gunslingers who are spiritual masters and defend themselves against him with the likes of butterfly nets or by allowing bullets to pass through their bodies. All of this comes accompanied by much sex, fetishism and violence - the streets do quite literally run with blood. And the film also features a number of genuine freaks and malformities.”

It’s a seriously crazy movie, worth seeing if you’re into demented, tho quite hard to find.

Jodorowsky is one of my favs!

El Topo is not currently available on DVD, but it is a great film. There were riots in several different countries when the film opened!

Santa Sangre is my favorite of his, and is also not currently on DVD.

Thankfully, Fando y Lis is on DVD, and it’s quite as bizarre as his other films.

Oh, yeah, The Holy Mountain is available on DVD in the UK.

There’s that damn Takashi Miike again.

There’s that damn Takashi Miike again.

gotta agree with BBVL… Mama Edie and the eggs… whew!

Not exactly demented, but:

Gummo.

Yipes.

I must go now…

Is it out on DVD??? It sounds deliciously sick!A few more: [ul]
[li]Forbidden Zone–French cult film starring Herve Villechaize and the “Queen of the B’s” and former Warhol star Susan Tyrrell[/li][li]Trash–Warhol film with Joe Dallesandro and Holly Woodlawn as the adorable junkie couple-next-door. Holly’s beer bottle scene is worth the price of admission![/li][li]Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein–My first on-screen decapitation; also the single most demented line in screen history: “To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gall bladder!”[/li][/ul]

Great movie, although I wouldn’t consider it especially “demented.” Nothing in it that you wouldn’t find in a Lifetime movie of the week. Except for the quality, of course. I’m not sure where you got the idea that it was supposed to be a documentary, though. It’s based on a fairly famous novel of the same name, written by Alan Duff.

want2know, Meet The Feebles is indeed out on video, as is Peter Jackson’s first film, Bad Taste. I happen to have one of the limited edition numbered copies of BT (# 16552/50000). :smiley:

Naked Lunch

Pi

God, that guy was hillarious. And the end speech, which the good doctor delivered with most of his guts hanging out on the pike he was impaled on. "All I had vas a laboratory…and a dream!

Anyway, I’ll say…

Caligula (“Oh, yeah, really going out on a limb there, Ran. Real brave.” Kinda chilling how many things they didn’t have to make up for the plot, though.)

Men Behind the Sun Chinese semi-exploitation film, based on the history of Japan’s Unit 731 in occupied Manchuria. You see where that’s going, right?

And I will say, for the record, that there are some episodes of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends which make me doubt the general sanity of mankind. (Why would you even put a Maze of Madness in your freaking attic? For laughs?)

Roger Ebert gave it two thumbs up!! :rolleyes:

MORE
THAN THE GREATEST LOVE THE WORLD HAS KNOWN

Anything by David Lynch…that bastard.

You want sick? Try to sit through Ilsa, She Wolf Of The SS . :eek:

That was the first movie that popped into my head as soon as I read the thread title.

Also, A Clockwork Orange, which I saw for the first (and only!) time a few months ago.

Requiem for a Dream - If you’ve never seen it before, DO NOT WATCH IT STONED!! Trust me on this. :eek: Although, a second viewing under normal brain patterns wasn’t all that different.