The most disgusting apartment ever!

How much is this straw stuff then? Do you get it in sq yards or by the bag?

Yeah, but there’s a bottle of Febreeze there, so she’s all set!

Did anyone else catch sight of the bare ankles in the 7th picture and think, “Oh, honey! Go put on some galoshes or something! You DON’T want a skin infection from this place!”

Nothing digital.

Weird. I immediately envisioned late-teen/early-20’s guys.

Probably because one of the jobs I had while I was a student was to clean the rented house of 4 - 6 (depending on the phase of the moon, apparently) guys in that age range and the messes were eerily similar to what their place looked like on my first cleaning visit. Heavy on the pizza/cigarette/fast food container and the turning of everything into an ashtray, kitchen stuffed to the point of unusability, indescribable filth in the bathroom.

I was a lot younger, and 150 bucks a week meant a *whole lot more *than it does now. Although, after the first trip, it wasn’t too bad actually. But that first trip…

18 solid hours, six boxes of garbage bags, five gallons of bleach, fifteen bottles of spray cleaner, and I had to dispatch one of the residents to the store on 4 different occasions to get either more supplies or cleaning implements they lacked (like a freaking broom). Although, the recycling they pulled out amounted to nearly 90 bucks - which I appropriated after taking one hard look at the bathroom. That’s 90 dollars at a nickel a can, people. I burned the clothes I’d been wearing when I got back to my own place - just stripped off on my back porch and left them there in the firepit. Including the shoes.

Ooh! Another set to send to my coworkers. I like to occasionally pass along titbits that I call “News from the World of Property Management”. Thanks!

(Also, shall review the pictures when I come home from work tonight, and housecleaning shall ensue.)

I’ve had a quick look and there’s no lipstick on any of the butts, although the likelihood of this person applying lipstick does seem highly unimaginable!

looks around his home office

I think I’m gonna do some spring cleaning. See ya later!

The link the in OP says it was a woman renting the place.

I have a family member who lives in conditions similar to that. She is certainly severely depressed, and the trash in her house just makes it worse.

I strongly suspect that the toilet doesn’t work. She probably does her business in a bucket and then pours it down the shower sink. When the toilet broke, she was too embarrassed to let a worker in to fix it.

The cigarettes disturb me more than the fast food. I feel sorry for this woman. She needs help and probably has no idea where to get it.

Faugh - duplicate post!

I felt bad for the cat when I saw the litterbox. I feel bad for the person, too, but she (I saw high heels in one photo) can get help for herself…the poor cat cannot.

There’s a covered cat box in one of the bathroom pictures. However, the waste inside appears to be as old and dessicated as the stuff on the carpet, which makes me think that the cat has long since died or escaped.

I used to live in a dorm that had a special arrangement with the University. We took care of our own, and they didn’t meddle in our affairs too much. It was the smart kids, so we elected our own police officers and pretty effectively settled our own problems. One of the requirements of being allowed to build lofts and paint the rooms is that we didn’t expect the University to clean up after someone moved out. It was a community job.

I had to bribe about fourteen people with a shitload of beer a pizza, and it took us over three hours to clean out the room I got. We had to use shovels for the first hour, the guy was so filthy.

Why did I put up with it? I got This in return.

The bale. With Halloween coming up maybe you can pick one up when you collect the pumpkins at night.:slight_smile:

I hope she’s not going to want her security deposit back. :frowning:

Your links do not work for me. :frowning:

I hate that I’m at work, because I could be home cleaning now. And y’all know what it takes me to clean. I didn’t even look at all the pictures.

That computer looks like it’s owned by a member of the SDMB 10,000+ posts club.

Not me. I don’t smoke. And i cleen up the paper cups before you get three.

And there’s no obvious cat hair.

What they need in that place is an incinerator.