The Most Wanted Gun In America

The vast majority of “assault weapons” sold are based on( or visually imitative of) the AR platform.
And it’s not popular because it was used in a mass killing but because it might be subject to legislative action. By the way, it was already a popular model/style before all this, why didn’t you object then?

Well said, I totally agree. I was getting all fired up to post something similar but you said it better than I would have.

Well there are about 10,000 gun related deaths each year. The UK with around 20% of the population of the US has far less than 20% of the number of gun deaths - less than 100 per year in fact.

So there’s no connection between the Sandy Hook massacre and the move towards gun control? That’s a coincidence? Of course not, as you yourself admit.

A led to B which led to C. I’m really sorry the facts are uncomfortable, but the facts are not designed for your comfort.

No, which is why, you’ll note, I never said that.

:embarrassed smilie:

You called it the “AR-15 Gradeschooler” for Christ’s sake!

And the only connection you are attempting to draw is that it just happened to be used in a couple high profile mass shootings recently. The only connection to Sandyhook is that the liberal administration has decided that because it was used in these recent shootings, despite its decades long popularity and relative obscurity in terms of murders, has to “ban the scary looking shit”, which again, is utterly meaningless. I could waltz into a classroom with my handgun (I own exactly ONE gun) and do the same thing as long as I bring ammo with me. But of course, I would never do that because I have children I love and I don’t wish death upon anyone, except for maybe these people that perpetrate these crimes because they are crazy.

No, Der Trihs said that, Johnny LA called him on it, and you replied saying “You have to admit it’s curious that…”

That sounds like you were supporting Der Trihs’ statement to me, coupled with your “Gradeschooler” comment.

Deaths, yes. Massacres, no.

We already knew that. There is NO excuse, NO justification, for posting something that provocative. That was so clearly a troll that he should be ashamed of himself. But he’s not. In fact, he’s so shameless that he’s sticking to it, and without once acknowledging it was trolling he’ll come back in here and warn me for calling him out for what it was.

Uh, yeah. You kinda did.

Edit: Der Trihs did say it explicitly.

This is a trainwreck, and I’m going to close it.

Take any unresolved issues to one of the sixty-ump other current threads on guns.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator

PS: I don’t think it’s possible to open a truly MPSIMS thread on guns these days, so if you’re going to open on, pls. take it to the Pit or GD, as appopriate.