The munsters vs the adams fsmily

Yes, it did. The central conceit of the show is the same as that of The Munsters, The Beverly Hillbillies, and a good many other comedies. The lead characters don’t realize they are different. Whether you want to spin that as they think they are like everybody else or they think everybody else is like them doesn’t matter. All such shows operate off the main characters having writer-imposed blindness to how the norms surrounding them react.

I have a clear memory of an AF ep where the kids come home from school crying about the book they’d read, Grimm’s Fairy Tales.

Morticia ‘what a lovely name, Grimm’, reads some, horrified, ‘they* burned* the witch, they slayed the dragon!?!?’
Kids ‘some of them are worse than that.’

That kind of thing is a staple in the Outlier household, Mad magazine, Farside, the original Charles Addams cartoons (discovered much later), years later when I learned that Lurch was the Thing and he switched Lt and Rt hands just to mess with people. The Munsters have a few laughs, but I have no such connection to them

Given that the last time I saw an episode of either was over twenty years and I don’t really remember what they were like, I’ll just say The Addams Family becausetheir theme song was better.

Wait, really?

The Addams Family

Actually, I think they’d get along. Wednesday and Puggsley would like Spot the dragon. Grandpa would enjoy Gomez’s crashing toy trains.

An Addams Family factoid I just discovered a few days ago: The TV series was inspired by a comic drawn by Charles Addams.

My opinion: They both had advantages of their own.

She is the reason, I have a thing for leggy brunettes…

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Multiple single-panel cartoons in The New Yorker. This one is my favorite:

My favorite, too. It served as the opening scene in the 1991 Addams Family movie.

I hate to burst your bubble, but (according to imdb) Carolyn Jones was 5’5" (same as me). She wasn’t “leggy”…

the munsters vs the adams family

I think the Munsters would win. Herman is incredibly strong.

Fester has explosives, and Pugsley and Wednesday are trained demolitions people. Kitty Kat can take out Grandpa Munster no sweat. Munsters go bye-bye.

Not many current-day middle-class Americans sleep hanging upside-down from the ceiling. :eek:

She sure had those curves in that dress as Morticia! And did you ever see her as Marcia, Queen of Diamonds, doing the Dance of the Seven Veils on Batman? Hubba-hubba! :o

She was very attractive, but she was short. I haven’t seen her on Batman. Was she a dancer in real life?

Here’s a picture from early in her career. She may have been short, but she sure was stacked!

http://goldfm.lk/life/otherup/1525433697_71550310123712_goldstyles.jpg

I don’t think she ever danced professionally, but here is the relevant clip from Batman:

I didn’t know that either, but according to Wiki it’s true. In scenes with both Lurch and Thing, an associate producer played Thing.

Cassidy of course had several memorable roles in Star Trek as well, including Ruk, Balok (puppet version), and the voice of the Gorn.

You can see how tiny she is in that. That ridiculous hair-do they’ve stuck on her head is intended to make her seem taller next to the guards. She probably did have some dance training. The old-school Hollywood actors could usually dance and sing, at least a little bit.

Taller than Burgess Meredith, anyway. I’m surprised HE was that tiny.