[QUOTE=Mr. Moto]
i]National Review* is still linking the documents - so I’ll use their links to the originals. They are long PDFs, so be warned.
One.
Two.
Three.
I’ll comment on specific points of this tomorrow, promise.
[/QUOTE]
I’m glad to hear it. Because, as always, I have no interest in going through the PDFs to guess what your argument might be, then rebut my guess.
I’ll look forward to hearing what you have to say, then demolishing it as usual. 
[QUOTE=Aquila Be]
A whole lot of other stuff was also found to be fabricated including the supposed mocking of a disfigured woman, a soldier wearing a piece of human skull on his head, running over stray dogs with a Bradley, and the like.
Investigating officer Major John D. Cross also recommended that the unit re-publish the Dagger Brigade Flat Ass Rules. However, I have not been able to find out what those are.
From the conference call transcript in the first two links it seems clear that TNR Editor Foer practically pleads with Beauchamp not to recant his stories and the other impression I get is that Beauchamp just wants to walk away from the whole mess.
[/quote]
I find it hard to be surprised that an institution with plenty of incentive to cover its own ass, and near-total control over the lives of the witnesses, would be able to ‘prove’ that Beauchamp’s allegations were false.
And after his being held incommunicado for about a month, and probably either being browbeaten or in solitary the whole time, I can understand why Beauchamp would want to just walk away from the whole deal.
At this point, I’d believe the military on the subject if and only if they gave Beauchamp and all the witnesses to his story an honorable discharge, so that they could corroborate or contradict Beauchamp’s story without fear of reprisal.
And since Beauchamp was supervised while he spoke, my sentiment is that in the transcript, we’re hearing the words his minders wanted him to say, rather than what he might have said freely.
I have zero respect for The New Republic, but in their position, I’d stand firm too.