The Office 11/2

Depends if she’s too intoxicated to use her hands…

Pam must have texted Jim about Michael’s proposal. When Michael grabbed the mic, I knew exactly what he was going to do and I literally shouted “NO” at the TV. My dog gave me this look like “WTF? I was just lying here.”

Micheal said something like, “I expected something different to happen tonight” and Pam said, “me too.” What did she mean? That Jim would call her back?

The woman who plays Kelly wrote the episode.

Why did Michael tell Carol it was a costume party? Did he know she had a cheerleader outfit and he wanted to see her wearing it? Smooth, Michael. :slight_smile:

It’s pretty obvious that’s exactly what she did. The very next scene showed Jim passed out at his desk as his cell phone, next his head, vibrated.

I think he was confused; earlier, in the company meeting he referred to it as “Indian Halloween” apparently based on something Kelly said. Lucky for him his own costume (left over from last Halloween) was easily converted to a regular business suit.

Hee! Michael drives my husband insane. During Michael’s meeting in the conference room, my husband had to hide his eyes and ultimately his entire head with a blanket. During the proposal, he was driven all the way into the adjacent room and could only watch from around the corner. He literally could not bear to be in the same room with the awkwardness. Watching my husband react to the show is almost as funny as the show itself.

I think it would be date rape in this case too.

:rolleyes: seriously? :rolleyes: Is there a ‘whatever’ smiley?

I guess I could use one too.

He’s just dense. He saw Kelly putting the traditional garb on Ryan and just figured “costume party”.

He showed up in costume, too. Only, his was removable.

Thanks. I’d forgotten that part (and how dumb Michael is). :slight_smile:

But Karen was sober. Remember how she was pouring out the shot glass everytime Jim and Andy drank?

“I’m underdressed, but at least I didn’t wear a slutty cheerleader outfit.
[pause]
Was that mean?”

Dwight’s knowledge of Hindu mythology was a surprise.

And can anyone translate what Kelly’s sister said about Ryan?

Here’s Jenna’s blog about the episode (they were “Kelly”'s real-life parents) with pix of the cast’s Halloween party at Angela’s and pix from the ep.

What was with dwight pretend-attacking Ryan? Was it because he thought the traditional Indian garb looked like Kung-Fu costumes or something?
Overall, funny episode but uneven in it’s execution.