The Office 30 Sep 2010

The ‘pee corner’ thing seems pretty inline with something Dwight would do as he tends to bring his wilderness experience into the office. This was re-enforced when Jim tried to help Pam out of the elevator and she said “There’s pee on the floor” and without missing a beat Jim replied “Of course there is.”
What bothers me is when they make him out to be dumb/uneducated. I was always under the impression that even though he’s quirky and really strange, he’s still smart, so it bugs me to no end when he says something like “I’m 99% sure this isn’t the real Ben Franklin.” I’m not saying Dwight has to know exactly when he died, but I’d think he’d be reasonably sure that he couldn’t possibly still be alive. The whole ‘gaydar’ thing bugged me too. OTOH, given what we know about Dwight, I found it perfectly plausible that he believed he was, in fact, receiving faxes from future Dwight.

I just assumed he was going with a sci-fi explanation. That is, he thought it was possibly a re-animated and/or time-traveling Ben Franklin.

That said, I also think they too often cross the line between gullible and outright stupid.

You can see Andy say “Well, Jim, tell us what it is”
It still looks that way to me, but my sister said it was Dwight saying “Yeah Jim” at the same time Andy said “Well, tell us what it is” and it just sounded and looked like Andy said “Well Jim, tell is what it is”

http://www.hulu.com/watch/179299/the-office-counseling
Skip to about 3:30, I think it happens shortly after 3:40

Well…it’s sort of a fine line. It’s not like she’s inventing ficticious position to defraud the company. She’s sort of inventing a job for herself in a somewhat less than honest manner. Ultimately the management still has to approve and sign off on it whether they believe her or not.

I just remembered the part where Angela apparently has a ‘frequent flyer’ card with Dwight. It was funny at first, but when you think about it, does it mean Angela is paying Dwight to have sex with her? :eek: That’s usually what those cards are for, right? Buy 9 and get the 10th for free? :smiley:

Yeah, your sister’s right. In the short space between Andy’s “Well” and “tell”, Dwight finishes his sentence with “Jim”.

I thought the card was Dwight’s settlement to get out of the baby contract with Angela.

Oh, I’ve completely forgotten about that. :smack: You’re probably right.

Major suckage. A couple of minor amusements, but this show has nearly hit bottom. Carell can still salvage a scene, but the writers are so busy creating teh outraaaaageous that the entire half hour is mainly just incoherent sound-bites. Dwight plots: idiotic and desperate. Pam & Jim: irrelevant nonsense. Erin, Nard-dog, Ryan and Kelley can’t hold this thing together with one-liners.