The Official E3 2008 Thread

It won’t be on the 360 in Japan, though.
Hm. Ghostbusters seems to have the same plotline on the Wii and XBox, just different graphics. It also looks awesome either way.

So is Sony just refusing to pay for titles to be exclusives, or is Micro$oft just outbidding them?

I think in some cases (like with FF13), game companies are wising up and realizing the PlayStation brand name is no longer the top dog anymore.

Square-Enix executives have been dropping hints for months about how they had to move beyond their traditional one platform structure and get games on multiple platforms. They had this planned for a long time but I’m assuming Microsoft paid them a few coins to keep it quiet until E3.

I gotta say, Sims 3 actually looks interesting.

The trailer for Dragon Age, however, was disappointing. Didn’t explain much at all, show much engine tech at all, nor was it particularly exciting. Common Bio, give us some sweet gameplay vids!

Fallout 3 is looking super sweet.

Is tomorrow the last day? Slashdot Games is not really abuzz with stories like it has been in previous years.

As a Wii owner, am I to be most excited about the Wiimote addon that’s not coming until next year?

Well, there’s Animal Crossing: City Folk, the Animal Crossing MMOish thing.
And Wii Music.

[Vaudeville comic] So the only thing I’m to be excited about is the Wiimote addon that’s not coming out until next year?

pulls out the hook and pulls the Wii off the stage from a rousing chorus of rotten produce tossing

Dude, Wii Sports 2 with a sword fighting mode. What more do you need?

And if I had to rank the “Big 3” it would definitely go Microsoft, Nintendo… big gap… Sony. Sony’s gameplan of announcing stuff a year or more before they’re ready to say anything else beyond the title is really starting to bite them in the ass.

I think it goes the other way around… from everything I’ve seen, the Wii presentation was by far the worst. Actually, all three of them were pretty bad IMO. I think Microsoft wins just because they had the only really good reveal out of all of them. Wii Music gets to be the laughing stock of it all, and given some of the crap everyone was shoveling out there, that’s not an award to be proud of.

You know, I’m sure I’d like to give it a shot, but I don’t know if it’d stick. I still have a shitton more Halo 3 multiplayer to run.

I might play Wii Sports 2 if it actually feels like a game and not a little sampler of demos. The first one provided literally minutes of entertainment (probably as much as 30 of them in all.)

Nintendo never really announces things at E3. Last year, all they announced was Wii Fit, and everyone went, ‘What is this crap?’

Microsoft could’ve announced MGS4 for the 360 while they were at it, and it wouldn’t have helped their sales in Japan any.

I’d be interested to hear people’s views on Mirror’s Edge. I hadn’t heard about it before, but it looks pretty interesting. Not sure if “interesting” means good as of yet.

Wii bowling is fantastic. Works great as a party game or with just a couple of friends. I still play it every once in a while, and I’ve had it since launch.

It really would take a complete and total Sony collapse for them to lose their grip on Japan.

Exhibit one is this guy.

Sony has already lost their grip on Japan. If it doesn’t say Nintendo on the box, people don’t buy it.

Huh. I was not aware. Last I heard, Japan was going to change its name to SonyLand.
Then again, that’s right. It was nigh impossible to find a Wii there in Japan. Maybe they’re getting the good games, hence its popularity there.

I am having a really hard time telling if that’s a parody or serious. I’m leaning toward parody because it’s so absolutely crazy, but this is the internet.

For me, if the motion add-on is used with Force Unleashed, that’s all I need from Nintendo. That’s all I’ll need ever, because that will be the perfect game.